Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We hit 106 on our outside digital thermometer today, and the car thermometer also hit 106, so now I know why our outside "Mr. Bogie" has opted for the indoor AC this afternoon. He usually loves being outside. Here are a couple of pictures of our hot Basset and where he snoozes when the temps get hot.
We are under red flag fire danger warnings, heat advisories, and in severe drought conditions right now in our part of South Dakota. So sad north of us towards Pierre, Gettysburg, and Mobridge where it is even hotter and dryer, and farmers have lost all their crops and ranchers are selling off their herds of cattle.

I'm one hot Basset.

Bogie's favorite snoozing spot in my flower bed under the bushes when the temps get hot.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Looks to me that Bogie has found the absolute best spot for him in mildly hot weather! Wow, 106 degrees is hot. I thought Georgia was hot but beats us except for the humidity. No wonder Bogie opted for AC.

Sandra

·
Registered
511 Posts
I had 103 when I got home this afternoon. But it's a dry heat. (11% humidity) The dogs didn't hear me come home. Normally they meet me at the gate, but the two of them were sleeping on the floor in the kitchen, where the AC blows down on.
They are still hanging around inside until it gets cooler, but last night they thought it was alright to go play and bark at each other at midnight when the temps drop to the mid 60's.
They better not make a habit of sleeping all day and running around at night, but I see the forcast for the next 7 days at 99-104 for highs. :shock:

·
Registered
775 Posts
Bogie is so cute sleepng under the flowers. My three have been staying inside and wanting to play at night too.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Poor Bogie, he looks so hot in that first picture, no wonder he wanted to stay inside. It wasn’t too bad here, but tomorrow is supposed to be in the 90's and with the humidity the news said the heat index would make it feel like 103. We don't have air conditioning but we do have a pool so I guess that's where we will spend our time tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Bogie's freckles are so cute. A hot week is coming for Cincinnati too - mid 90s with heat index around 105, they say. We'll be in the A/C!

·
Registered
109 Posts
hot

Its hot in Georgia..Eeyore refuses to go out unless to potty... he does not like to be hot at all

B

·
0 Posts
How about where sleeping dogs lie.wasnt' a good title before

poor bogie!! :( This heat is bad for everyone besides elderly people, farmers etc. . This has been a year for wierd weather. Been freezing peeled banana and carrots for cool off my baby. Tummy Boy's Mom.Take care.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts