Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
836 Posts
wow!
great questions!!

I must admit, I'm dying to hear what breeders have to say - Biscuit (hound of uncertain origins) is fast as lightening, although his conformation is - well, best left unmentioned!

Once, however, I was in a Petsmart and a woman came by and said "Oh! a field basset! I haven't seen one of those in years!" Her aunts and uncles used to breed and raise them apparently. with as fast and energetic as he is, believe me, I wouldn't be surprised. I've also run into hunters in the past who've been quite taken by him.

am very curious and can't wait to read this thread!

· Registered
836 Posts
hey, you ain't!

Biscuit (fast as lightening and quite the jumper!) is fiddle-fronted and very heavy boned. I've read tho that field bassets are usually lighter boned and have long legs, meaning -- well,I don't know what that means.

I should have asked that lady in Petsmart why she thought Biscuit was a fieldhound, as the little I've read doesn't sound like him at all.

curious here ... okay guys-who-know, spill the beans for us basset naifs!

· Registered
836 Posts
hmm, pretty interesting. doesn't help me solve the mystery of Biscuit, but there you are. he's a shrimp, but that's not real helpful in determining these things.

I'll just have to settle for knowing he's one speedy little guy! it's all pretty interesting, tho.

· Registered
836 Posts
!!!! uhoh, big trouble, here comes Biscuit!!!

actually, I would love to do something like this. I was in contact with a bloodhound rescue group a few years ago. These people regularly meet for tracking, etc. work, and Biscuit and I were invited to participate, even tho he's a basset, not a bloodhound.

It was a great disappointment to me that major family problems intervened, and by the time they were resolved, I'd completely lost contact with these guys. Biscuit is so social and so active that i can't think of anything he would enjoy more.

watch out, here comes Biscuit, guys!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.