Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,605 Posts
Three of my CH/CD/TDX/NA basset's grandparents are DC's. You bet your life I'd try running her in the field if I had access closer than 600 miles away! In the past, it's been suggested to me to just "show up and enter" her at a field trial. If there are any western field trialers monitoring this forum, would you care to offer an opinion on that suggestion?

[This message has been edited by Betsy Iole (edited 03-29-2000).]

· Registered
1,605 Posts
Okay, Dean, we'll tell 'em you told us to come, when their dogs get braced with our untrained ones!

· Registered
1,605 Posts
Also on the untrained dogs issue, not sure of its relevance to field trials. I am very unhappy if I believe my obedience dog will be doing sits & downs, especially out of sight, next to, or in a line-up, with a poorly trained or untrained dog. If the untrained dog interferes with my dog, my dog probably flunks for the day, or worse. However, if you show enough, you learn that sometimes you get a bad break you don't deserve and sometimes you get a lucky break!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.