Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband and I were going to a function on Saturday night and this was his question to me.

Why you might ask? Last week we added a new member to our always growing family (Mike, myself, three kids, Wilson the Basset Hound, Baby Bella the Cat, Sally the Cockatoo, Tiger the killer chihuahua and miscellaneous fish).

We are now the proud owners of Squirtle. Squirtle is a big fat white deaf 8 year old long hair persian (but shaved) cat. Long story, however the short story is she was on her way to the vet to be put down because she is from an "all things disposable" home. I of course was having none of this and as I ran out the door to my workout at 5:30 a.m. last Wednesday morning I said over my shoulder to my still sleeping hubby, we have a visitor so if you hear hissing and spitting, don't worry about it. And that was that, after a day of periodic hissing and spitting as the two cats encountered one another, they already eat side by side however poor little Tiger is still trying to figure out why this cat won't play with her and Squirtle is wondering why a little rat keeps trying to jump at her throat and knock her over. They are really all very cute but I am sure that Mike would appreciate if I would just mind my own business and quit bringing animals home.

After Wilson's initial curiosity and getting hissed at a couple of times, he just doesn't bother and they all seem to realize that they are house mates and to just get along. Never a dull moment here.

Susan and Wilson.

·
Registered
775 Posts
What a sweet story. Maybe our husbands should start a club because last year after I convinced mine to bring Tillie home(we found her half dead in a trash pile at the river) I told him no more. Well last week I brought Nellie home from the shelter,she had been there almost three months and I couldn't let her be put down I again made the same statement,no more. I think we both have wonderful husbands to endulge our soft hearts.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Susan, have you met my daughter Erin??? :rolleyes: Her house is a zoo! (an immaculate, beautifully decorated, zoo!) Some of it must have rubbed off on you...

Sandy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts