Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have had Daisy in our home for two months now and I am finding that I want another one already. Usually if you get a new puppy they are such a handfull that another one is far from your mind. Daisy tugs at the heart strings, everyday she make me smile and I just can't get enough of her. So is this common? Do you all have more than one Basset? :lol:

·
Registered
494 Posts
After I got Shyla, I vowed that if I ever got another dog it would be another basset. We just added Bailey at the beginning of July and I can't imagine not having her. She is a absolute terror but we already love her so much! I was always jealous of all the others on the board who had more than one!!

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Yup, they are addictive. If my hubby doesn't try to stop me, I think I would have 5 bassets by now. :wink:

Whenever we have a basset gathering/picnic with other bassets, I always have a head rush and it feels like I've been drinking too much. :)

·
Registered
813 Posts
*I'd* like to have another but George won't hear of it. He's the only basset in the universe to hear him tell it, and he doesn't understand what on earth we might need with another one. He has his paws full with us and can't possibly be expected to SHARE.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Yes, they are definitely addictive! I had Sadie & Spencer for 10 years until Sadie left us for the Bridge in June. This past week I have been dog sitting for my sister. Her dog is a mix-breed. While it is nice to have 2 dogs in the house again, it is not like having 2 Bassets! I'd like to get another Basset (or 2!) but Spencer is older, set in his ways & seems to be enjoying being an only dog. So, for now, I'm a one-dog woman!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes they are addictive, a lot like potatoe chips. Sabian was only 6 months old when I got Pearly.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
YES, YES, YES!!! Having two littermates is the best!!!!! Now there are 2 of them for my Husband and I to love!!!!! They are definitely better as a set!!

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My sons friend loves our dog so much that he's going with me to Hickory< NC next saturday to get General's newest brother. He has named him Snoopy and he is so excited to get him! I kinda pushed the issue die to my addiction to my dog

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Having been Jake's slave for over five years I can't imagine being owned by any other breed!

·
Registered
535 Posts
Sadie is about 6 months now, we got her at 11 weeks and after only having her for a couple months I knew I wanted another Basset. We haven't gotten one yet, but I know we will, maybe when Sadie is about a year. I can't wait.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Let's seeee....

1968 Lady Brutus

1980 Valentine

1990 Shorty

2000 Duke

2005 Bo

2006 Moose

yup, I'd say bassets are addictive. :D

Whenever we have a basset gathering/picnic with other bassets, I always have a head rush and it feels like I've been drinking too much.
That's a good one Lina, wonder if a judge would buy that story. :D

Sandy

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
When I brought Elvis home he was the first houndie my hubby ever met. It was instant love! Then we got Georgia, Ginger, Maggie & Crissy. We've also fostered Maverick & his brother, Rufus & Jewel. Well, Crissy was a foster but we couldn't bear to give her up.

Yep, I'd definitely say I am addicted. What a GREAT addiction, though.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Are Bassets addictive

Yes, yes, yes. They are! :D :D :D . Tummy Boy's Mom

·
Registered
714 Posts
Most definitely!

I had to beg, plead, bargain... you name it, to get my wife to agree to our first, Dudley.
Around a year later, it was Jeannie who first said, "I think Dudley needs a brother or sister."
Within a month Minnie was here too!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yes they are addictive, We found when we got our 2nd basset that they were both so much happier together....after all, I don't think I could chase my dogs through the brush and eat bugs and chew on logs. They are good for each other.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Like George, Sebastien doesn't *want* to share, although I could have seriously seen getting another basset easily. Sebi has been forced to accept the new kittens, however, so I really can't push it (and, frankly, Alex or Mike might do something regrettable. They're also fine with the one basset home!)

I do know, however, that it will always be bassets for me from now on.
:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts