Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are amazing bassets up for adoption at BROOD (Basset Rescue Of Old Dominion). Tons of young bassets, a 7 month old puppy, and some sweet and gentle seniors. Just want to spread the word in case anyone is looking for another basset. I am trying to get my husband to agree on fostering an older dog once Gwen gets a little bit older.

Available Dogs - Basset Rescue Of Old Dominion

Have a great day!!!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I actually had my paperwork filled out to adopt a boy named Maxwell from BROOD (beautiful all black boy w/just one spot on his chest that was red) when I found my boy Gibbs. I also have participated in their yearly PetSmart Santa pictures...they are a great group.

~Heather

·
Registered
878 Posts
Awww, it kind of upsets me to see so many bassets needing good homes. :(

Looking at the above OP's link, I just hope Betty and Wilma are rehomed together,
because with having two Basset sisters, I know that even at just two years of age,
my pair are just totally inseperable and have to do everything together all of the time!

·
Registered
562 Posts
I knew better than to look at that link. The other day as we were leaving the grocery store we saw someone selling basset puppies on the side of the road. I slowed down for too long and had to drive away before we ended up with a third one.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Oh my god! I so just fell in love with Reesie! What a combo that would be... Snickers and Reesie. I'll just go ahead and adopt her w/out the hubby knowing, then bring her home, and tell him that we have to keep her! Yea, that would work LOL!
Anyone know any tricks to convincing the spouse on another dog??????:p

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
When I was younger my mom and I adopted a second dog without telling my dad. She was the most unattractive dog I've ever seen, and Dad was not too happy, to say the least. But eventually he fell so in love with that little girl that you could barely separate the two. I say go ahead and get Reesie! The name is too perfect!

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Ugh...I am familiar with bringing home animals that no one but me wants LOL. I first brought my cat home after telling my parents that he would stay in my room until I felt he was old enough to be outside. 9 years later I guess I still don't feel he can go outside! As for my basset Annie, I brought her home on a weekend that my parents were away on a wine tasting trip. They returned and were unpleasantly surprised by my new addition. My mom is still to this day a bit resentful, but my dad (who used to own, breed, and show Bassets in the late 70s and early 80s) couldn't help but fall in love with her :) So my advice? Just do it! LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts