Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran across an ad on Craig's List/Seattle for two 5 year old Bassets and brother & sister (Danny & Dolly). Their two legged parents are elderly, presently hospitalized, and most likely going on to assisted living. The daughter is trying to find either temporary foster care or a forever home for them. I emailed her and advised her to contact Washington Basset Rescue but haven't heard back from her. She wants to place them together. I'm really hoping for the best for them.

[ January 05, 2006, 07:12 PM: Message edited by: Lynne & Huck ]

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
ohhhh Lynne!!! My husband was standing right here, reading this with me. Before I said anything he said, "Don't even think about it!!"

Of course I can't, two is all I can handle, but I sure WISH I could take them. Please keep us posted, I hope they find a good home, maybe even with someone on this board! :)

Sandy

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would take them as fosters for awhile and secretly wish I could have em' for keeps but my husband is pretty much like yours. Foster, ok. Keepin' em' - NOT! Dang it!

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
there was a free basset on cregs list here in seattle the other day.
Lynn and Huck you wouldn't want one female would you?

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry Dogcrazy - I know you're having problems with Maddie (?) but I just can't squeeze another on our boat. Believe me I'd have 90 of them if I could. Perhaps you should consider taking her back to rescue. Sometimes, as hard as we try, the chemistry just isn't right. It's sad when that happens but it does happen. Wish I could help.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I have the same problem. The city of San Jose would only allow 2 dogs in 1 house. Suck!
My dream is to own 20 or 40 or 90 bassets even. That's why I hope I could win a super lotto or something like that. I could help all these needy hounds. Too much to ask?? :D

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oops guess i should have read all the replyes before, i just want to find her a good home, to be honest we were not happy with the living conditions at the rescue, they had 10 -15 bassets in the basment in one family, ane besides she has not returned any of my emails to give me the rest of the paper work since she has deposted my money.

I really want to keep her i do love her but atticus is just so upset its not fair to him.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dogcrazy: Praying for a good solution to your situation and you're right, its not fair to Atticus, who was there first. I hope things work out well for you.

Janet 'n Twink.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts