Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered the oral products for Rusty & Stickers. I got the solution to add to their water and the gel to put on their mouth after I brush their teeth at night. Just curious if anyone has used either of these products. The Vet swears by them. They are suppose to promote a more healthy bacteria in the mouth and help with dog's breath. Although I'm not using it for the breath issue. The Vet says she uses their human dental products. My order just shipped today so I'll keep everyone posted on what I think!

http://oxyfresh.com/pet/minioral.asp

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Maggie's Mommy--I was reading on another dog forum where the owner said they were having trouble with lip fold pyoderma and tried so many different things with nothing curing the problem. They said that the only thing that cleared it up was this cream called Penaten Creme which can be found in Germany. The company was taken over by Johnson and Johnson. Here is the link: http://parthenonfoods.com/penaten-creme-150ml-p-1766.html The post said that it cleared up the pyoderma in just a couple of days and that a little bit of cream goes a long way.
Just thought I pass it on to you just in case the Oxyfresh doesn't work for you.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks SO much for keeping me in mind. That was really nice of you. I tracked my delivery of Oxyfresh. It should arrive tomorrow. I'll let you know what I think. If I don't see results, I will look into this. Pyoderma is very stubborn and wants to reoccur!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Thanks for asking! I ordered the liquid solution. You add 1 tsp. to 1 quart of their drinnking water. So I've been doing that. Suppose to promote a good bacterial eviroment in their mouth :rolleyes: The gel is AWESOME! Rusty had some red yeasty spots under his arm pits and chin. I put a small amount of the gel one everynight before bed and they went from apple red to light pink in just a few days! My Dad's Fiance is a retired dog groome and she said her business used the Oxyfresh gel for hot spots and it does wonders. I have been using it on the lip, the real reason I bought it. It is helping but that area is much harder to treat. His mouth is always soaking wet :rolleyes: But that looks better too! The only drawback was the sizes I order are VERY small so looks like I'll be putting in another order. To order directly from them was $5 cheaper than the vet.

So far, I'm a believer :D

·
Registered
272 Posts
just to let you know the Penaten cream can be found in most drug stores. i work with babies, and we use it all the time for diaper rashes!!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Does the Penaten cream have a different name in the stores in the US? Our Cuddy has an occasional bout and it would be worth trying if it works-

1 - 8 of 8 Posts