Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I live in the lovely (/sarcasm) state of Alabama (I mean sure there's good things about us this just isn't one of them) and I'm interested in ordering some hemp flower. It looks to me like the amount of cbd you're getting in a 17% cbd flower versus the oils for the price makes it possibly worth it for me, assuming I can order it without trouble.
So, has anyone ordered 50 state legal hemp flowers in non mmj legal states, and did you have any problems with getting it? Where would you recommend ordering it from, and what should I watch out for? Anyone with experience with CBD Hemp Direct specifically?
Thank you in advance for your time and thoughts, help, etc.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
So I live in the lovely (/sarcasm) state of Alabama (I mean sure there's good things about us this just isn't one of them) and I'm interested in ordering some hemp flower. It looks to me like the amount of cbd you're getting in a 17% cbd flower versus the oils for the price makes it possibly worth it for me, assuming I can order it without trouble.
So, has anyone ordered 50 state-legal hemp flowers in non mmj legal states, and did you have any problems with getting them from this place? Where would you recommend ordering it from, and what should I watch out for? Anyone with experience with CBD Hemp Direct specifically?
Thank you in advance for your time and thoughts, help, etc.
thanks in advance for any help

· Registered
9,910 Posts
What is the age of the dog and when did the seizure start. it could be lafora which have some have used cbd to help treat but unfortunately there is no cure and lafora is a death sentence in dogs with symptoms see my posts on this genetic disease in this forum

· Registered
9,910 Posts
https://www.veterinary-neurologist.co.uk/Laforas_disease/ "
Lafora's disease is an inherited, late onset, progressive myoclonic epilepsy. Myoclonus (jerking) is a feature of the disease and characteristically this can be induced by flashing lights, sudden sounds and movement (especially that close to the dog’s head). Generalised or complex partial seizures may be seen in some dogs. The disease progresses slowly over many years and gradually other neurological deficits such as ataxia, blindness and dementia occur.
Lafora's disease can occur spontaneously in any breed however the miniature wire-haired dachshund, Bassett hound and beagle are predisposed. Typically the first signs occur in animals over 5 years (usually over 7 years) age and both sexes can be affected. The beagle has a more severe version of the disease and the associated epilepsy can be drug resistant.

A characteristic of this disease is myoclonus (clinical sign of a sudden contraction of a group of muscle), typified by rapid shuddering/jerking the head backwards. The myoclonus occurs spontaneously and in response to noise, flickering light (including television), and sudden movement in the visual field. ...
Hypnic (sleep related) myoclonus may also occur.Some dogs also develop epilepsy (generalised tonic clonic seizures and complex partial seizures). The complex seizures are often characterised by high pitched vocalisations and behaviour as if the dog is panicking.

The main differential diagnoses of this disease are other causes of epileptic seizures and idiopathic epilepsy. Haematological and biochemical screens should be performed to rule out reactive causes of epileptic seizures, but will be normal in Lafora disease. Magnetic resonance imaging is useful to identify structural brain disease which may cause acquired epilepsy. Idiopathic epilepsy typically occurs in younger dogs (6 months to 6 years) and in most breeds myoclonus is not a feature. "

· Registered
1 Posts
My dog suffers from contractions of a group of muscles.... mostly in his upper torso, and neck - it happens only when he is resting, and once he falls into a deep sleep it stops completely. When he's out walking he's fine, and even when it happens, it doesn't seem to bother him. He is 11 years old, will be 12 in October, and generally healthy. He struggles a bit climbing steps, and if he sleeps for a long time then the leg he's been lying on goes lame, and his tail goes lame too..... He eats well and is still very interested in what goes on around him.. he greets all visitors with great enthusiasm, but I see his hearing is not what it used to be...

· Registered
341 Posts
Sorry to hear of your old boy's troubles. I use CBD on my old rescue Trudy who has two bad knees and a bad back. She had been on pain meds from the vet in increasing doses which only made her groggy. I finally put her on CBD and the change has been huge. She is back to herself. We had to up the dose this fall, but it is just so nice to have her back. I don't know if CBD will do anything for the seizures, but I do think you might try it for his overall comfort. The brand I have used is Ellevet and has its dosing worked out based on clincal trials. It doesn't get the dogs high, and Trudy approves...
Dog Carnivore Whiskers Dog breed Companion dog

· Registered
1 Posts
I have not ordered from CBD Hemp Direct, but I have ordered other products containing CBD and had no problems with delivery. However, it's always a good idea to research the company and read reviews from other customers to ensure they are legit. And if you are in doubt about ordering, you can always contact a licensed dispensary to purchase high-quality CBD products. Usually, when I need an assortment of quality cannabis products, I turn to brantford dispensary. But if you decide to order online, ensure you order from a reliable company and beware of questionable deals or substandard products.

· Registered
1 Posts
It's understandable to be cautious when it comes to ordering hemp flower in non-legal states. But as long as the product contains less than 0.3% THC, it's legal under federal law. However, it's always a good idea to do your research and purchase from a reputable vendor to ensure that you're getting a high-quality product.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts