Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 10-year-old dog that can't take any NSAIDS. She had CCL surgery a few years ago and I have her on extra-strength Glucosamine which had been working well, but now she is limping a little more. Tramadol helps but I would like to try CBD oil. Does anyone have recommendations for certain products? They are not cheap and I want to make sure I am not getting scammed and they are as pure as possible.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I have a 10-year-old dog that can't take any NSAIDS. She had CCL surgery a few years ago and I have her on extra-strength Glucosamine which had been working well, but now she is limping a little more. Tramadol helps but I would like to try CBD oil. Does anyone have recommendations for certain products? CBD treats for dogs They are not cheap and I want to make sure I am not getting scammed and they are as pure as possible.
thanks in advance for any response.

· Registered
9,873 Posts
You may want to consider HA Haleronic Acid injections, or stem cells the have a lot more history and backing than cbd which does also have side effect. ASlso want to be careful with tramadol dosing. We had a dog go down with herniated disk and was prescribed tramadol. For two week she had at least one seizure around 12 am in morning, Considered putting her down Remove tramadol seizures went away immediately,. seizure is a side effect of tramadol Just something to watch out for if upping the dosage,

· Registered
9,873 Posts

· Registered
341 Posts
I have a rescue with arthritis in her back and knees.....we use Ellevet CBD mobility oil. This is a brand that was used in clinical trails for CBD at Cornell University. Takes several weeks, but I can't really believe the HUGE difference it makes.
I am not one to go for alternative "cures", but this brand has CLINICAL trials and dosage worked out. Also, you might try acupuncture if you can find a vet who is trained. Again, this is not something I would have considered had I not met a man in the waiting room with an old golden. He was there for his acupuncture treatment and said how he had come in to have him put down as he could no longer walk, but the vet said no, he thought he could help him....so he gave it a try. Worked for him, and has worked for us. We have moved and now depend on CBD....good luck!

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I have a rescue with arthritis in her back and knees.....we use Ellevet CBD mobility oil. This is a brand that was used in clinical trails for CBD at Cornell University. Takes several weeks, but I can't really believe the HUGE difference it makes.
I am not one to go for alternative "cures", but this brand has CLINICAL trials and dosage worked out. Also, you might try acupuncture if you can find a vet who is trained. Again, this is not something I would have considered had I not met a man in the waiting room with an old golden. He was there for his acupuncture treatment and said how he had come in to have him put down as he could no longer walk, but the vet said no, he thought he could help him....so he gave it a try. Worked for him, and has worked for us cbd vape juice. We have moved and now depend on CBD....good luck!
thank you so much for your suggestion

1 - 7 of 7 Posts