Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!

I just wondered if anyone was bringing their babies out to the Mardi Gras Barkus Pet Parade next Sunday Febuary 19 in St. Louis, MO.

I'm lucky enough to live in St. Louis, which is great because this is one of the biggest dog parades in the world. Last year we didn't have Tootie yet, but my parents and I took their St Bernard, Pepper.

Would you believe that last year I only saw 2 bassets the whole day, and those were both with the same owner? We have to increase the basset population this year, people!

At this time last year we were just about to start dog looking, and actually I think I had already contacted some of the basset rescues. I think we got Tootie about a month after.

Of course, they also have the famous weiner dog derby that day, which is lots of fun. Here is the website for anyone who wants more info:
Mardi Gras Barkus Pet Parade

Tootie is excited already. She will have sooo much fun with all the dogs and people! I know she won't be thrilled with wearing a costume, but I'm going to try.

Hope to see some of you there!

Hugs,
Starr & Tootie

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Tootie is such a feminine girl! I know you will have a blast at the parade.We have been in a couple, and I've come to the conclusion that each dog thinks it's all about him or her- they seem to love the people and the excitement- hope you can post pictures!

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I'm sorry to say, we won't be able to attend. I'm sure it'll be a blast though! Last year MABR (a rescue group) had an event at the Dog Museum in Queeny Park, I'm hoping that'll happen again. I'd love to take Cooter this year, I think Leroy's a little too nervous and high strung to attend such an event. I hope you and Tootie have a grand time!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts