Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
go for it! we can help you with any basset questions and help you find the right one and may be able to help you find more candidates

·
Registered
12,943 Posts
it is another basset forum that (in my opinion is more personal) they REALLY care about your bassets[/b]

More personal perhaps but the quality of advice here is higher as there are higher percentage of people here that partcipate in more areas with dogs and basset in particular, breeding, conformation, field work, obedience, tracking, and sport. The accumulated weath of knowledge on this forum is unmatched. Now if every one just took that advice to heart :unsure:

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
[I've belonged since it first started--there's some good things--they host a great, but expensive basset calendar, and there is a card exchange during the Holidays In general, however, it's not all that useful, at least not compared to this board. Most of the people on it have not been involved in conformation, agility, obedience, rescue or other training, and you won't find many dedicated breeders, as you will on this forum. If you ask a question about health, training or other issues, you'll get some responses, but often the responders don't know what they are talking about, even if they mean well. Also, it is so big, it is hard to plow through odds and ends to get to the useful stuff. And, some folks on it have developed a sort of language called "Bassetese" that they respond in. I find it incomprehensible. If my Bassets could read, I'm sure they would too.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
More personal perhaps but the quality of advice here is higher as there are higher percentage of people here that partcipate in more areas with dogs and basset in particular, breeding, conformation, field work, obedience, tracking, and sport. The accumulated weath of knowledge on this forum is unmatched. Now if every one just took that advice to heart :unsure:[/b]

Mikey,
Couldn't agree more. Some times the best advice is hard to hear.....

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
haha.. all i asked was anyone a member..i dont show or anything so i dont really need that info but im glad if i ever do i will know where to get it.

·
Registered
12,943 Posts
I dont show or anything so i dont really need that info but im glad if i ever do i will know where to get it.[/b]

it is not that simple ,show breeder only kowing about showing. Who has the most knowledge of the the breed one who as raised, and trained many of them or someone who has had only 1. Often time you get advice on other boards about training health etc from people that have no real experience doing so and just mimick some myth or popular tv show without real experience or knowledge of alternatives and what really works. Experience is important in these matter not just in showing etc. but in generally making life easier for both the dog and owner .

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I like both boards for very different reasons. I agree 100% that Cyberhound is the best place for advice on the breed - be it health, training, agility etc. I can't begin to count the # of times that I've had my questions answered here with reliable info. And people here are great about posting articles in response to questions. Some days I get headaches trying to read through some of them - but well worth it!

I love the Drool calendar! Each morning I flip over to a new houndie. A great way to start the day. I think the Drool is more a social spot, rather than a place to get a lot of serious info.

But, both boards are good in their own ways.

·
Registered
12,943 Posts
I agree :) I belong to several Basset Forum. They are each like a good friend. You get something different from each one :D[/b]

It is also important to point out that the dail drool email list is moderated and not the same thing as the dailly drool bb that can be access thorough the DD web site and is not moderated. They are two very different entities.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
it is not that simple ,show breeder only kowing about showing. Who has the most knowledge of the the breed one who as raised, and trained many of them or someone who has had only 1. Often time you get advice on other boards about training health etc from people that have no real experience doing so and just mimick some myth or popular tv show without real experience or knowledge of alternatives and what really works. Experience is important in these matter not just in showing etc. but in generally making life easier for both the dog and owner .[/b]

I wasn't saying anything was easy I was just making a general statement. I didn't post this post to get any kind of conflict going. I asked a simple question that should have been answered with a yes or no... did not mean for this to drag on.

·
Registered
12,943 Posts
I wasn't saying anything was easy I was just making a general statement. I didn't post this post to get any kind of conflict going. I asked a simple question that should have been answered with a yes or no... did not mean for this to drag on.[/b]

HMMM
it is another basset forum that (in my opinion is more personal) they REALLY care about your bassets[/b]
imply's one is better than another and making such a statement on the "lessor" forum without raising ire seems a bit dubious

That said the reason for my post were not specifically about your motivation rather point out the strength of this particular forum, if you notice I did not disagree on the "personal" comment.

But to answer the original question Yes. different name same avatar

1 - 20 of 21 Posts