Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ruby was 2 1/2 yrs. when I rescued her, and I am owner number 3. We have been together for 5yrs. The woman who rescued Ruby said the previous owner had her locked up in a room all day. With a rescue dog we have to accept all their issues and baggage. Ruby is aggressive. The night I brought her home she hopped up on my bed, got on top of me and started humping. She got put off me immediately with a loud "No". I learnt the hard way when off a leash she has attacked small dogs. Any large dogs are pretty well her friend, especially after she has tried humping them either from behind or their head or---. When we have camped in the woods far from anyone she likes nothing better than wandering and sniffing, and sniffing always coming back. However, if I heard another vehicle I have to immediately go get her leash and hook her up.

I don't believe that there has been anyway of breaking this. Anyone else with the problem of aggression? Still haven't figured out how to post a photo. I have no problem on another website I go to.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts