Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

We get home around 6pm and it is like this until about 8pm. I'm not complaining and I usually enjoy the mischief.

Anyone with multiple bassets have there day filled with wrestling matches and arguments?

:D

·
Registered
761 Posts
Oh my goodness yes!!! My two are constantly wrestling and running around. Doppler is a silent player with the occasional growl thrown in. But Virga just keeps on with the growls and yips and barks! It's kind of annoying only because my husband has to work nights and so he sleeps during the day (obviously!). Luckily once he's out he's out for the count. But I find it funny and can usually tune it out unless I'm having to keep them quiet for my husband's sake. It makes life more interesting for sure.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Perhaps we need to get her a friend ;)
Do it!!! You'll never stop laughing. We've also had evenings where we'll run around the island in our kitchen and they'll chase us. Although they'll usually split up so one is to our left and the other to our right so we're trapped. They're not dummy dogs!

·
Registered
973 Posts
Harley is a bit socially inept so he doesn't play with other dogs. That doesn't stop Anabelle from trying though. She will stand and bark at him and try to get him to play for as long as an hour.

·
Registered
616 Posts
OMG ours are the same way....except it goes on like this throughout the day. Today I was home all day and we had periods of hound dog wrasselin' followed by periods of sleep. There are times when they're fighting that they remind me of harbor seals fighting.

·
Registered
761 Posts
LOLOLOLOLOL! Harbor seals fighting! I about spit my coke all over my laptop!

·
Registered
129 Posts
I wish there is another basset hound in my area whom my Porter can play with. It must be so much fun to see these guys run around on their super short legs. Its hard to find another bassset in the city of Boston. :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts