Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking into bassets online and found this color morph. They look really neat, I was wondering if anyone here had one. I haven't found much online in the way of breeders in North America.

·
Registered
12,947 Posts
I was looking into bassets online and found this color morph. They look really neat, I was wondering if anyone here had one. I haven't found much online in the way of breeders in North America.[/b]

It is not a simple color variation but a completely different breed, a basset version of the GRAND BLEU GASCOGNE. There were a couple breeders in N.A. in the past but I don't think there are an current active breeders

From the "rare breed network"
Once nearly extinct, the Basset Bleu de Gascogne is now rarely seen outside France[/url]

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I was wondering about that, I read a few different webpages that gave a size and weight range and they seemed much smaller than what I have been told for bassets. Lord knows Rosco is already that big, and he feels like he weighs around 500 pounds when he decides to ambush me while I'm laying on the floor.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I remember when there was a breed association site on the net. A couple breeders here in the US had sites as well-- 2 up until last year.

Here is a breeder in Central New York. I spoke to her back last year..............about $1,000 for a pup.
Gretchen 315-761-6060

There is a also a breeder in Arkansas but do not have that info at my finger tips at the moment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts