Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hi there. I am the proud owner of my second basset hound. Our first basset had absolutely no allergies. But this new puppy scratches his neck and feet, and he groans and moans. He's had flea medication--so it can't be fleas. I'm wondering, because he is almost 4 months old, if it could be a food allergy already--or dry skin. What experience have any of you guys had? My vet says to just try a medicated shampoo for now and a little benydril (sp?). But I'm tempted to switch his dry food already to something with fewer ingredients. Thanks for your help.....[/b]
My hound has the same problems. Mattie (my hound) would scratch and dig and cry and moan. The vet noticed that she was red spotty on her belly and I told her about the scratching and digging problem and I don't really know what the problem is, she did give me a anti-bodi that I can give to Mattie when she has the flare ups. Which seems to work. I used the medicated shampoo, i used the oatmeal shampoo to help cool her skin, did not help not until vet gave me anti-bodi. It seems to me and my husband that Mattie has flare ups when she crawls across the grass. I don't know if that helps but I feel your pain with the stratching.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts