Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Can anyone tell me if there are any Basset events/ gatherings/walks in England? I know that loads happen in America but Ive yet to find anything to which we can take Lennon along to in this country andI know he would love it.

Just look at the picture attached he so wants to meet other bassets, how can I resist that face! :D

He is sulking at the moment as Im upstairs on the computer, so must dash and go play with him!

http://www.kodakgallery.co.uk/PhotoView.js...33.968585222133[/img]

Sorry new to this forum and so not sure if my attachment worked and so have tried another way but that to may fail! May have to wait for boyfriend to get home to show me... doh!

Attachments

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hi guys,

Can anyone tell me if there are any Basset events/ gatherings/walks in England? I know that loads happen in America but Ive yet to find anything to which we can take Lennon along to in this country andI know he would love it.

Just look at the picture attached he so wants to meet other bassets, how can I resist that face! :D

He is sulking at the moment as Im upstairs on the computer, so must dash and go play with him!

Sorry new to this forum and so not sure if my attachment worked and so have tried another way but that to may fail! May have to wait for boyfriend to get home to show me... doh!
[/b]

If he wants to come to London on remembrance day, I'll take him to lunch. :D Ditto for december 16-18th. I'll be in London then too. Furthest north I'll get to this year is Oxford. Last year I made it all the way to Manchester.

Can Lennon be trusted on the train by himself?

lala and ernest (who is not travelling but appreciates all the breath fresh bonios his moms bring him back)

·
Registered
196 Posts
Hi guys,

[/b]
I know the feeling! I'm up in Manchester, where Snoopy's an only basset.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I know the feeling! I'm up in Manchester, where Snoopy's an only basset.
[/b]
How can a country that spawned fred basset have a dearth of bassets.

Then again, I spend time in England and I have never met a basset. Maybe they all moved to France.

·
Registered
939 Posts
i know the one thing that a baaset hound should be used for is now a criminal act and you could go to jail. no hunting with dogs allowed!!!!!!!! :angry:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi there,

There are some basset hound things going on in the UK. Have a look at the following website -

www.bassethoundwelfare.org.uk

You can join to become a "Friend of Basset Hound Welfare" for a small donation, and they will send you a newsletter a couple of times a year that contains information on basset walks/meet up around the UK. (If you ever go to Crufts, they have a table set up by the basset ring.)

There is also this website for the UK Basset Hound Club, which gives information on various shows and events -

www.bassethoundclub.co.uk

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a friend in London who has a basset and I know she says there very few basset events there.

I was at Windsor a couple of years ago (the year the Queen Mum died) and I met a basset there. Very nice!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Even though I live in the States, I'm a member of The Basset Hound Club in England. According to their web site and the newsletters I get from them, they have events all over the country, including many walks. I'd suggest you contact them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
We recently joined the South of England Basset Hound Club, which holds regular events throughout the year. They had a basset party in July, which was held near Reading and had a variety of competitions, including waggiest tail, relay races and fancy dress. They also have monthly basset walks at various different locations. I'll PM you with the contact details of the club's secretary when I can find them!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts