Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For this poem I'd like a picture of a hound with a stick on his mouth, or playing, looking confused, :D etc. Well, the poem should give you an idea of the picture I'm looking for..(it has to be a good quality picture, in order to get printed)

SIT ! STAY !

I'd like to teach my basset hound
just one simple trick
I'd like to teach him SIT or STAY
and somehow make it stick

If I toss a stick high in the air
he gives chase, happy as can be
but who's the one to bring it back?
seems the fetching is done by me!

He's so hopeless, I've but given up
is there nothing he can retain?
I sometimes wonder what's in that head
yes, what IS in that basset's brain?

I'm not so sure there's anything
I've tried standing on my head
or maybe he isn’'t so dumb...
it seems he's trained ME instead!

Sandy 2005

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you have a clearer one, in the sunlight more, thats pretty much what I had in mind... :D

Sandy

·
Registered
511 Posts
You wanted a picture with a stick, so I went out and said, "Dozer, go get a stick." I hope this stick is big enough for you. It took two to carry.
(picture was taken 5 minutes before posting)

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Those pics are so cute, I love them, but the lady helping me do my book says they need to be more of a professional quality, in that you can see the expression on the dogs face, and the lighting has to be better, etc. Keep trying, keep posting...I don't have a picture for this poem yet. :(

Sandy

·
Registered
1,494 Posts

It's not a stick, but would a ball work? This was Bubba's favorite trick with a tennis ball. He loved to carry it around this way. Maybe in the poem you could say "If I toss a ball high in the air" instead of a stick. Just a thought.

Aroooos from Bogie!!!

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think Bubba's picture may work...I'll show it to my friend that's helping me. May change the background to brighten it up! Thanks for posting, he was such a sweetie. :)

Sandy

·
Registered
535 Posts
It's been a while since you posted this but I just got some good pictures of Sadie with a stick in her mouth and one with the stick laying on the gorund in front of her. If you haven't found what your looking for yet feel free to use any of these.

B

·
0 Posts
Another poem-another picture

like your poems very much. :D . I think all the pics were great. but I understand more professional Pics. Tummy Boy's Mom

1 - 13 of 13 Posts