Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[attachment=215:3___August_06_.2.JPG]

Hi, have only just discovered this site and would like to introduce my 1 year old hound 'Morgan'. He is a bit of a stubborn darling that thinks he is a springer spaniel (like his 'big brother')

This does cause some problems, he just wasn't built to bounce as high as our lad 'Harvey'!! Not that he doesn't try.

Have really enjoyed looking at all your photos and intend to add more of my own to the collection as soon as I can (dead proud of him and want to show everyone why!!)

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice picture of the both of them! Maybe the springer will end up acting like the basset. :lol:

Welcome from Ruby and her servant/mommy.

Janice[/b]
I was shocked they sat still together long enough for the photo to be taken (I'm sure you can see me holding Morgans head still!!)

·
Registered
284 Posts
hello!

you're two dogs are lovely. Morgan looks exactely like my Snoopy (female)! Where did you get him from? Snoopy might be one of his litter mates!?! She is one also! We got her from the Barrengers is Somerset.

Welcome to the site

Clare

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hello!

you're two dogs are lovely. Morgan looks exactely like my Snoopy (female)! Where did you get him from? Snoopy might be one of his litter mates!?! She is one also! We got her from the Barrengers is Somerset.

Welcome to the site

Clare[/b]
We got him from a couple in Bognor Regis who were breeding so they could have a puppy from their girl Bessie. He is actually from the Barranger line though, they bred Bessie with Bear Right at Barrenger (another Morgan!) - we'd already chosen the name but took it as a good sign.

We still give the breeder regular updates as they were distraught selling so many puppies, and really keen to do their best by them all. It's nice to know they really do care

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MORGAN is Snoppy's daddy too!!![/b]

That's quite spooky!! Didn't expect to find our Morgan's half sister on this forum! Morgan was born on the 4th Jan, when was Snoopy born? Be nice to know how close they are in age, it might be that they are maturing in the same sort of way (having the same daddy and all!)

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Welcome to the site. That is so cool that ya'll have sibling dogs. How cool.

~Heather

·
Registered
196 Posts
[attachment=215:3___August_06_.2.JPG]

Hi, have only just discovered this site and would like to introduce my 1 year old hound 'Morgan'. He is a bit of a stubborn darling that thinks he is a springer spaniel (like his 'big brother')

This does cause some problems, he just wasn't built to bounce as high as our lad 'Harvey'!! Not that he doesn't try.

Have really enjoyed looking at all your photos and intend to add more of my own to the collection as soon as I can (dead proud of him and want to show everyone why!!)[/b]
Welcome! I had a basset/springer combination too. I had a theory that Snoopy basset looked at Rusty Spaniel and thought that's what he was, and Rusty looked at Snoopy and thought the same.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Boy, lots of Brits on Cyberhound now! You should plan a Basset picnic......so you could all get together! That would be a hoot! :D :)

·
Registered
284 Posts
Looks like daddy Morgan was busy those few months getting two ladies pregnant ;)

I told Snoopy all about Morgan last night...she thinks its cool too!! B)

I can’t get over how similar they look and the coloring too.

Snoopy is also very stubborn too - she know's what she wants and if she doesn’t want to get off the sofa then she wont or if she doesn’t want to get in the car then she's dig her heals into the floor!

She's currently gone back into 'steeling mode' where any shoes, slippers or socks lying about then she's there and then you have to chase her around the dining room table to get them back - it usually takes the two of us to get it back off her. :lol: :lol:

She's not a big eater, she was born on 1st Sept 05 so is a little older than Morgan. She's 40lbs and quite petite - tiny little waist (so cute). She's very bouncy too and jumps up at everyone who comes into the house (she'll never be a guard dog), she especially likes to sit on her back feet. She's great with kids too but has taken a long time to house train. we usually have an accident at least once a week during the night :rolleyes:

i'll post some more pictures this afternoon. Look forward to hearing more about Morgan (i love his name by the way).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Got a better picture of him, he was still only about 6 months old when this was taken though.

I've tried to accuratley convert his weight from kilos into pounds and reckon he weighs about 57 pounds, and when he flies at you he feels even heavier!!

I read somewhere (when were looking at getting him) that bassets can be hard to housetrain but didn't find it with Morgan. He used the paper straight away, and we haven't had overnight accidents since the early summer (and then they were infrequent). My boyfriend puts this down to the breeder introducing them to paper at an extremely early age.

Morgan does sit up on his back feet though, I just thought he was copying our springer (who begs for everything - its his favourite trick). I'm always worried with his weight he's going to tip backwards!!

As far as stubbornness goes he can be a deadweight, but Harvey (springer) is very quick to respond and Morgan cannot help but follow him about. He's utterly devoted, it's so sweet. So... if Morgan thinks he doesn't want to do something, all we have to do is get Harvey to do it first. Sorted!!

·
Registered
196 Posts

Got a better picture of him, he was still only about 6 months old when this was taken though.

I've tried to accuratley convert his weight from kilos into pounds and reckon he weighs about 57 pounds, and when he flies at you he feels even heavier!!

I read somewhere (when were looking at getting him) that bassets can be hard to housetrain but didn't find it with Morgan. He used the paper straight away, and we haven't had overnight accidents since the early summer (and then they were infrequent). My boyfriend puts this down to the breeder introducing them to paper at an extremely early age.

Morgan does sit up on his back feet though, I just thought he was copying our springer (who begs for everything - its his favourite trick). I'm always worried with his weight he's going to tip backwards!!

As far as stubbornness goes he can be a deadweight, but Harvey (springer) is very quick to respond and Morgan cannot help but follow him about. He's utterly devoted, it's so sweet. So... if Morgan thinks he doesn't want to do something, all we have to do is get Harvey to do it first. Sorted!![/b]
That's exactly how I got my Snoopy housetrained - he just copied the springer!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Good old Morgan - he is our Peggy's daddy too! And we met another one at the South of England Basset Hound Club's party last year. So there must be a lot of Morgan's offspring around.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The family resemblance is quite striking. Here are Peggy and Thora - Peggy is on the right. This was taken in October 2005, when Peggy was only about 4 months old. There are 6 months between them and Peggy is about the same size as Thora now and a bit heavier.

[attachment=225:peggyThora2.jpg]

Attachments

·
Registered
932 Posts
The family resemblance is quite striking. Here are Peggy and Thora - Peggy is on the right. This was taken in October 2005, when Peggy was only about 4 months old. There are 6 months between them and Peggy is about the same size as Thora now and a bit heavier.

[attachment=225:peggyThora2.jpg][/b]

Peggy & Thora are gorgeous!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts