Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Orienteering 2006 - out again in search of check points!

Doris first - the great pathfinder:

Even the steepest hills are no problem with a SUB - Sport Utility Basset:

The cooling systems needs to be filled up now and then:

Relaxing and something to eat is also necessary for a busy basset:

Not easy to get the lips in place after a snack:

Another post is hunted down:

·
Registered
104 Posts
those Bassets are in their glory!!! i love the lemon color on the lighter one. and the darker one looks a lot like Boo, my 2 year old male (although I think Boo isn't as large).

having seen these pictures, i think i will take Boo for a hike this evening!

wow. good looking Bassets. wish i could pet them!!!

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
More great photos! How long is your average orienteering hike? Do the dogs hold up pretty well through the whole hike, or are they beat by the end?

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I never get tired looking at their pictures. What a life they have.

We couldn't hike too far, Henrietta has a hip problem after a long hike.
So we usually limit ourselves to 2-3 miles max. On another hand, Winston is as strong as a robot. He has lots of endurance, he can go and go and go. :roll:

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Emma! Was that your canteen that looks squished? I always think that you and Ruby are twins. Maybe your "daddy" can get their pictures side by side and we can judge. (he's better with the computer than I am)

And Doris, you certainly know how to drink from the lake. I'm sure Ruby would be scared or fall in.

:lol:

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
They sure have some great adventures! :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Oh Steinar I am so jealous of those beautiful forests. You live in a lovely location and thank you so very much for sharing it with us.

Susan and Wilson

·
Registered
125 Posts
Seiner! What great pictures, I love love love the second one of Darling Emma and her pink tongue! :D

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
keep em comin' Steinar, we can't get enough!!!

Susan, we'll have to take our hounds out on the wide open, flat prairie, and take pictures of.......???...... :shock: .........nothing.

Sandy :D

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the nice comments, guys! :D

Answers:

Doris isn't really a lemon, she's red/white - but she's fading because of age.

Last year we did up to 12 hours hikes, without problem. This year we have done up to 5 hours, but they sometimes get a bit tired. It's probably been too little exercise during winter. They are both in heat now, so that's maybe also a reason.
If it's warm, they are slow, and they appear not to like walking on gravel.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
:D 5 hour hikes!! Much less 12. Wow! I bet most Bassets in the US don't get a chance to walk that far in their entire lives. Your country looks so beautiful.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts