Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today i deiced to get another basset hound for smuttley to have a friend. He is another blue one but he has more white one him then smuttley. I was wondering if anyone could help me with some names that go with smuttley :). When the breeder called to tell me she had another blue i was like sold lol. here is his picture he was born Yesterday night and i love him already

Attachments

·
Registered
973 Posts
I recommend NOT having a name that rhymes or has the same rhythm, they can get them mixed up.

Maybe I'm crazy but I think George sounds good with Smuttley. Or the Get Fuzzy dog's name, Satchel.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Was just wondering last night if anyone has ever named their basset "Hush" (as I was posting the pic of the big Hush Puppy)...? haha, the name would have dual purpose.

Worm was almost named Dalton-- a lot of people liked that for him.

Worm has been brainstorming too:

"Have ya thought of names that go along with the blue/gray color? Like Blue or Blues (rhymes with snooooze). quite literal, like my own name.

Or Storm (as in X-men)? that seems fitting for a blue/gray basset.

Or Danube ("Danny" for short) as in the Blue Danube.

Or St. Cloud ("Saint" for short), or would that be sacrilegious? and as the other thread was saying, if you named him "Saint" you'd end up with a really naughty basset!
--those were my 2 cents. Worm"

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Oh you're going to have your hands full! But you'll have so much fun.

Be careful what you name him, as they often live up to their names. Winston is named after Winston Churchill (I teach history). He's as stubborn and sassy as his namesake.

For what it's worth, I like the name Hadley...as mentioned by ajkephart.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Lightning probably thinks his name is "Hush". Or Hush Lightning. If I had it all to do over again, I would have named Lightning "Gilligan", because he's a happy-go-lucky goofball. Or Lincoln, because he looks sad. But I also like Wworm's friend's name: "Low Fat". I think that's genius.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I like Waldo....As in Where's Waldo!

They are adorable! I want another!.....Oh wait....no I don't! 2 is quite enough!!!

·
Registered
13,095 Posts
Yeah but Snidely Whiplash was Dudley Do-Right's enemy. Muttley (close to Smuttly) was the sidekick of Dick Dastardly.
Perhaps but if you going with sounds alike there is no way that smuttly would not jump at the chance to have a name change to "studly" think what that would do for his chance with the girls. and we're back to a canadian theme.

·
Registered
13,095 Posts
Was just wondering last night if anyone has ever named their basset "Hush" (as I was posting the pic of the big Hush Puppy)...? haha, the name would have dual purpose

... Worm has been brainstorming too:

"Have ya thought of names that go along with the blue/gray color? Like Blue or Blues (rhymes with snooooze). quite literal, like my own name.

Or combine the two idea a come up with the classic "suede shoes"

·
Registered
767 Posts
I like the name Gunner. But Maggie was named after a movie character in a John Wayne movie that mom liked. Yogi (Puggle) was named after Yogi Berra because he looked like an old time catcher short and squat. Daisey had her name when we started fostering her Daisy Wiggles.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts