Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed that there is a Basset hound in a Lowe's Hardware store flooring commercial. The hound is sitting on the floor next to a couch with the family, it's towards the end of the commercial.

I hope no one else has posted this, and if they have I'm sorry.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
I saw that too!And last weekend we went to see Nanny McPhee just for the bassets. I love to see them on the screen, but I do have mixed emotions- I would hate for the breed to become too appealing and suffer the fate of dalmations after too much exposure in "101 Dalmations".Whenever I see bassets on television I imagine evil puppymillers kicked back in a lounge chair watching the same commercial and thinking "Bassets! Now there's an idea!"

·
Registered
25 Posts
We went to see Nanny McPhee and loved it. The Bassets in the film were very good. It's certainly rare to see Bassets in films or in advertisements, so it's always a thrill when we do.

A

·
0 Posts
I took my daughter to see Nanny McPhee just for the bassets too. They were so cute. I wonder how long it took to get their scene right? Or what they had to do to get them walk down the path? Mine don't ever do what I want them to do that is why I'm saying this....

I love to see bassets on TV or on the big screen.

A

·
0 Posts
There's a basset in the movie: 40-yr old virgin. For those who haven't seen the movie, I can't tell you what was going on with the basset seeing that this is a family site.

For those who have seen the movie, we were really laughing at that part. (we rented the DVD the other day).

We needed a good laugh, even if it all was rated R. We've been under so much stress trying to get this house together so we can move in. One of these days I'll be able to tell you that Ruby and us are in her new dog house (i.e. the kind where we have a hefty mortgage on). :D :D

A

·
0 Posts
Do you remember about 10 yrs ago Maytag had a line of commercials with a basset in it. My favorite was the basset using the dirty clothes as a basketball and putting it in the basked.

More recently there was the basset who pushed it's chair to the table for the kibbles & bits commercial. I read somewhere (possibly here) that it wasn't a trick; that basset actually did it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts