Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/12/30/pennsy...ains/index.html

This is a very disturbing article to me. I am very upset that a court would rule ANY animal sacrifice legal. It seems the only problem is that the killing might not have been humane. I'm not implying that it happens ONLY in Philly - I shudder to think how many other animals face this fate.

Each time I think I can't find out anything worse than I already know I read an article like this and realize how ignorant of many things I still am and probably will always be.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You might be right that the Freedom of Religion makes it legal - but that doesn't mean it's right. As for the pigeon hunt - I just can't see where thta would be any type of thrill. Like shooting fish in a barrel.

We remain a very barbaric species.

·
Registered
939 Posts
i went to a shoot when i was a kid. i loved it,and i would love to go to another. guess i was raised different.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Many people i know hunt to put food on the table. This type of hunting I can understand - it serves a purpose and the animal has a chance of getting away.

Staged hunts, such as fox hunts, seal slaughtering, pigeons in nets, where the animal is almost guarenteed to be slaughtered are a different story - at least to me. Killing creatures for the sheer sake of killing something I personally find very disturbing. All creatures lives are valuable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts