Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to let you all know that Angel is now in heaven. I am sort of new to the Cyberhound Website. I've only posted a few times regarding glaucoma, anal glands, etc. I enjoy reading other people's articles.

Angel came down with anemia and she had a mass in her stomach which the vet believed was cancer. She was put on steroids for the anemia and to help her eat, but she never ate again for 9 days (until we put her to rest). She was the best dog in the whole wide world. I loved my Angel bassett very very much. Angel had been through so much though. She had her eye removed in January due to chronic glaucoma and high pressure readings. She then developed a cyst and had to get that removed from the blind eye. She was on so much medication too. I am very blessed to have had Angel in my life for 10 years. I wouldn't have traded that for anything.

·
Registered
939 Posts
i just lost one a few months back myself so i know what you are going through,sorry for your loss.

T

·
0 Posts
Very sorry for your loss. We put our dog Peaches to sleep in 1990. Haven't had a dog in all that time because it hurt so much. However, we just adopted a beagle/basset mix and are enjoying her so much. I hope than when you've had time to grieve Angel's loss, you'll maybe be able to consider getting another dog. Not a replacement for Angel, just another dog to make your life whole. You're in our prayers.

Me 'n Twink.

A

·
0 Posts
Cheryl,

Loss is so very hard. I'm sorry for the pain you must be feeling.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I am so very sorry in your loss. It will be a year tomorrow since our Willie went to the Bridge. While the pain does ease it seems we never forget the sweet love they bring to our lives. Many prayers- Wendy

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I'm very sorry--Losing them is never easy. They are so great, and from your post, it was clear that Angel was very dear to you.

·
Registered
147 Posts
So sorry to hear the sad news. It sounds like she was ready to go, having had such a hard time these last few months. You did all you could to keep her comfortable, but eventually there is no choice left. Every time a puppy or new dog comes into a household, it is with the knowledge that time is relatively short. We lost our previous dog in early 1990, and we put off for years the risk of getting into the same situation.

Last December we got Jess and she has been the light of our lives. However, we live in the shadow of your pain and my heart goes out to you. I hope, with time, you can learn to love the memories of your Angel, as much as you loved her.

·
Registered
905 Posts
So sorry about Angel,but,she obviously had lots of love and care from you.Theres just something about these Bassets that makes them really take over a piece of your heart.Take care.

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
I'm very sorry for your loss. :(

A

·
0 Posts
I'm so very sorry. We all know how you're heart is breaking. May your memories help ease your pain. Take care, Belinda.

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost one of my babies to stomach cancer in November and saw what she went through, so I know you gave your Angel a precious gift by letting her go.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Cheryl,

I too am very sorry for your loss of Angel. It's a very difficult time as we experienced as well last July 9th. Our lab Buster, age 11, went into seizures when we were on vacation in Florida and had to be put down. It was horrible... even though our caretaker and vet both said he was suffering horribly.. it's a hard decision when you're not there.

Take each day as it comes and think of all the wonderful memories you have. I continue to do that almost a year later.

We now have Lucy Basset with us and she has helped heal and brought more joy to us than I ever though possible. Buster would have liked her :)

Our thoughts are with you.

Doreen and Lucy

·
Registered
274 Posts
Yes, its been a year for me too, and I try to focus on happy times rather than how I miss her. We are sorry for your loss and hope our words and thoughts find a way in comforting you at this time.Sincerely, Melissa

1 - 20 of 33 Posts