Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been dogsitting a 2 1/2 year old unneutered male basset. When he gets all excited he tends to "hang out" - he did the same when I dogsat last year. However-today we noticed he has 2 large swellings in the inguinal region. I suspect just his testicles but even having had an unneutered male before myself, I've never seen this. Is this a normal thing and I've just never seen it- or should I take him into the vet to have him checked? I'm sorry to sound so naive- :oops: We raised golden retriever years ago but had never seen this or if so- not so extreme. He is acting fine but I'd hate to blow off something- his family would be quite distressed. My husband stated it hurt him to look at it... :roll:

·
Registered
939 Posts
about the size of marbles,maybe a little bigger,one on each side of the dog's penis... about 3/4 of the way down the sheath. nothing to worry about my Ike has them,you can touch them and they should not hurt if it bothers the dog he should go to the vet,but i do not feel they are of any concern.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right location... but they look more golf ball size to me!!! Ok- I won't panic and rush him off to the ER- he didn't seem sensitive when my husband was trying to look more closely- I'll just suggest having him looked over at his check up- I think he goes next week sometime-

·
Registered
4,902 Posts

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok- I feel much better! I kept telling my husband I thought it was normal- but even our 120 pound golden was never quite that size- Thank you so much for the quick information- I couldn't even search on google because i couldn't think of a word to use-

·
Registered
939 Posts
hey Barb,bring them to the nationals,i'll shoot you for them!!!! i used to have all sorts of marbles,but as i got older i lost a FEW!!!!!!! :lol:

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I used to shoot too when I was a kid. I thought the clay ones were cool. Except now I don't even remember how the game went. Must have lost more marbles than you even. :roll: Lost my marbles and gone to the dogs. :cry:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts