Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
752 Posts
I'm not following this story as closely as you in the East are - but from what I've read it's not the law but rather the enforcement and training of the people that is creating the probelms.

We have a shelter here that is pulling similar crap and are doing our best to get the director brougth up on charges and the entire system revamped. One Board member believes that ALL dogs should be chained. The laws in this town are fine - but the enforcement is beyond illegal.

· Registered
752 Posts
PA isn't the only place where laws are abused - but I still say it's not the law, it's the people who are illegally enforcing it.

We have a "shelter" here who is run by a tin dictator. About 18 months ago a warrant was served on a woman based on an anonymous complaint. It stated they could ONLY take any animals suffering from neglect or abuse. They took all her animals and ONE dog has a small sore on it's leg. it took her a court case, over 18 months and 3 or 4 direct orders from the judge before her animals were returned. Most were in bad shape. She had some show dogs that probably had their careers ended.

This is a couple of pics that was smuggled out from the "shelter". One board member said at a meeting last week that ALL dogs should be chained.

Yet the local ACO will not site her for abuse/neglect. The laws are there - but the enforcement is ass backwards.

· Registered
752 Posts
I hope they can file suit against the officials who used their powers illegally. No one should abuse the powers of a public office.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.