Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2,267 Posts
Marriam Posted on another board They-came-for-the-bassets
That the BHCA is invovled, giving the venerable Barbara Wickland the task of trying to find the location and condition of the hounds along with the facts of the case. and Larry Little of GABR has been notified as well
Michael Tefts[/b]
I'm glad to hear that.

I posted on this topic originally becasue it seemed that the information pinehawk posted from the other board wasn't telling the whole story, or reporting accurately.

Other forums and blogs are full of emotionalsim and rumors about this situation. I'm hoping the BHCA can establish the facts of what happened, and get the information out quickly.

· Registered
2,267 Posts
Just to clarify HB 2547:

By JOHN SIPTROTH
State Rep., 189th District
December 23, 2008

The Pocono Record recently printed a piece entitled "Humane officers can carry guns; may get more power" in which legislation I introduced was incorrectly described as providing officers with "immunity from litigation" and suggested that they "may become exempt from lawsuits."

The implication in the article was that my bill would give armed humane officers carte-blanche to do whatever they pleased without concern for a citizen's constitutional rights or the due process of law. This was a gross distortion of the intent and content of the bill.

My bill would give any humane society police officer performing a lawful investigation or enforcement of the Pennsylvania Dog Law immunity from civil action for damages. It would treat the humane officer the same as a public employee in this instance. The bill does not remove civil liability for gross negligence, intentional misconduct or reckless misconduct and I have clearly stated that in the language of the proposed legislation. HB2547 does not give immunity from criminal prosecution nor does it override a citizen's rights such as security and seizures in Article 1, Section 8 of the Pennsylvania Constitution.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.