Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daughter brought a beautiful chocolate cake when visiting on sunday. I thought it would be possible to put it on the table, like they do in civilized homes.

First I made it clear to Emma that the consequences would be terrible if she tried to eat the cake.

I misinterpret this look for saying "Ay ay, Sir":

After a short while, she was on the table like this: (Illustration picture)

After scolding her, I thought she had taken to her senses, and forgot the cake.... We suddenly heard a strange sound, like a basset eating chocolate cake with great persuasion. And it was - she sneaked up on the table while we sat with out back to her.

Afterwards the revenge was terrible, as I said. They had to lkay like this for 2 full hours:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Oh how funny. I am sure Bertie would have been right up there with your girls and your cake would have disappeared even faster. I will have to watch that Bertie doesn't get hold of a map of Europe and start hitch-hiking.

·
Registered
813 Posts
:cool:
Really, you thought she was saying "aye, aye, sir"??? What were you thinking? That's a "Wait till your back is turned, mister!" look if I ever saw one -- and I see a lot of them. The side-by-side bellies picture is too cute. Poor girls, what they go through to help you watch your calories!

·
Registered
335 Posts
What can we say, girls love chocolate! LOL

Don't feel bad, I had the same problem with Daisy this weekend--only it was a chicken sandwich and cinnamon rolls. :) Thank God I got her stopped before she got into the chili.... At least Daisy has the good grace to give me the "I'm sorry, Mom, I just couldn't stop myself!" look. ;)

Glad I'm not the only one having this problem....

A

·
0 Posts
Thank you for your explanations! Ruby was worried that her twin and red friend went missing.

Ruby is jealous of having cake! Although she did have pineapple upside down cake over the weekend (not the pinapple pieces tho)

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If she had been eating pure milk chocolate, she could have been eating more than 4 lbs before getting into trouble. And she just took the icing of 1/4 of the cake.

And I can assure you she's not even having any digestive problems either, sadly enough... Then maybe she would have learned.

A

·
0 Posts
Something must be in the air. Tonight we left and didn't shut the pantry door and Maggie had gotten some chex mix out of there and must of had a hayday. She isn't one to do this normally, I was shocked. If Mollie hadn't been in her kennel she would of been blamed, but I knew that guility look as soon as I saw her and the bag.

Cute pictures.....it surely did make me laugh.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Looks like fun... the revenge was terrible- and I'm sure no one even rubbed their bellies :)

Jake ate an entire bag of oreos and did fine :roll: Not enough real chocolate said the vet-

A

·
0 Posts
It's the synchronized swimming Bassets #2!!! We miss Sophie! Chocolate cake never killed anyone! It's the baker's chocolate that's the baddy. Take care (and Happy Birthday to ME!), Belinda.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Originally posted by Steinar, Emma and Doris:
And I can assure you she's not even having any digestive problems either, sadly enough... Then maybe she would have learned.
Reminds me of the time in 1974 when my mom baked 4 pounds of fudge for Christmas. Like the 3 bears, we each had a small piece and went for a drive while the rest of it cooled. When we came back Alice the Wonder Basset was bloated and moaning on the floor with two empty pans (one chocolate, one butterscotch) beside her, and very thirsty. She survived, but her punishment was the ultimate tummy rub (humans would call it a pink belly!). She didn't learn, of course. She could go through a whole loaf of bread in one sitting, aided by vengeful cats who would knock things off of the counter just to set her up. Once she ate a pair of nylon stockings--and passed them!

Bryan
http://www.bryanwfields.com

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Well, your first mistake was thinking that look was saying 'aye, aye, sir'. More like, 'yeah, sure, and why don't you go find something useful to do with yourself while I scope out this cake...' :D :D

[ February 06, 2006, 10:06 PM: Message edited by: S. Hall ]

1 - 20 of 27 Posts