Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you all know, my husband and I cruise on our boat every year from approximately April to August. We have talked (and talked and talked and talked) about perhaps having one year where we didn't have to deal with the dogs onboard. So.......I am wondering if anyone in the area of Washington would be interested in "fostering" Huckleberry and Gracie during those months. We, of course, would pay for this but we, also of course, are very particular about where they go and with whom they are with. It's almost against my better judgement but I have to admit that having a summer of not rowing them ashore and/or taking them on walks four times a day is somewhat attractive. Does anyone have any ideas that could help me out? Please don't think I'm a bad "mommy" but I was just wondering if it could be possible to have just one trip without them and still feel that they were with someone who really understood them and loved them as we do. Any ideas and/or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

[ February 04, 2006, 09:56 PM: Message edited by: Lynne & Huck ]

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh, I wish this were a year from now...my sister just moved to Seattle. She is a dog lover, and has been "dog free" for too long. She would LOVE To "foster"...unfortunately, she's newly into her position at work, and still doesn't have a fence all the way around her house.

If you consider it NEXT summer, she would be perfect for you.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I'll meet you again in Cranbrook, and I'll take Huck for you. you just buy his food supply. I'm serious, but... (I might not give him back) :D

Sandy

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wish our house was bigger would do it for you in a heart beat but then not sure about our grummpy basset either. hope you find a solution.

·
Registered
224 Posts
This is so tempting, Huckleberry is a favorite around here. My daughter is telling me that we have to. But we already have three dogs, two cats, and assorted other critters, I just don't know how we'd manage it.

Is there anyone nearby that you could trust enough to stay in your house and take care of the dogs while housesitting? My niece has done this for a friend on occasion. My mother in law used to have a college student stay in her house when she was gone for extended periods of time. You'd have to be careful to find a trustworthy and responsible person, much easier said than done. I really wish we could help.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I too would love a couple dogs for the summer, but I too travel a lot during the summer (Alaska and New York) and have a friend dog-sit for us. I don't think I could ask her to watch three!

I have used Camp Happy Paws on occasion in Bothell and they are fantastic! The dogs have the run of a couple of fenced acres and get to sleep in human beds at night. It might be a little pricey for an entire summer though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts