Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it normal to feel guilty?

Although Duke liked Bo, he always made sure he got between Bo and anyone who paid him any attention.

Now that Duke is gone, Bo is getting loads of belly rubs, etc, which he is entitled to, as he is such a sweet boy. But I feel incredible guilt, like I'm being disloyal to Duke. :roll:

Am I crazy? Anyone else experienced this?

Sandy

·
Registered
26 Posts
not crazy. your'e givin Bo the attention that you gave Duke on top of Bo's attention that he normally gets. just keep lovin on him!

A

·
0 Posts
Absolutely not crazy in my (completely non-professional) opinion. I think all these sad/guilty feelings are just your heart sorting through all the emotions you still feel. Duke knew you loved him and he knew that you have more love to give. I'll be praying for you.

A

·
0 Posts
Sandy - Duke is looking down (I assume it's down) and wholeheartedly approving. He may also be very pleased to see that you have Bo to help ease your loss. Just keep those belly rubs coming but let Bo know that he'd best be a good boy cuz' Duke's watching ;) !

M

·
0 Posts
I agree with Lynne. I think Duke is happy that Bo is there to ease your grief. After all , he is Duke's brother so he needs you as much as you need him. Together you can comfort each other. I'm sure Duke is watching with his tail wagging!

A

·
0 Posts
Sandy, not crazy, just grieving.

Don't you think that Bo is also grieving but just maybe doesn't understand completely what has happened. Try not to feel guilty, you are just giving Bo what is now rightly his, your full attention now that he doesn't have to share and he is the lucky boy on the reveiving end of the outpouring of love that would have been Duke's share.

Duke wouldn't want you to feel bad about loving Bo as much as you did him. This is just life's cycle. Prayers and hugs for you still.

Susan and Wilson

A

·
0 Posts
you are not crazy we as humans live with emotions and you are still grieving and going through all the emotions that come with it. I still have little twinges of guilt when i think of getting atticus and then maddie after having put down our lab, sometimes i feel like i didn't give makita the love (because my husband made him stay outside and of course the bassets are indoor dogs) i give these dogs(although i loved makita very much and gave him as much attention as i could). we just can't let the guilt take controle of us. enjoy your time with Bo and the bond you two will develop together as one on one time( i enjoyed the time i had with ryobi one on one(even when i missed makita so much).

A

·
0 Posts
No not crazy {{hugs}} U two are helping each other thru the grief. Happy to be a slave to Tummy Boy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts