Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,Im having some trouble with Samson again. At the beginning of the summer he started having diarea and accidents in the house. My vet said he was allergic to flea bites and even though he didnt have fleas it only took one bite in the yard to cause a reaction. After being treated he seemed fine. Now it's October, we've had our first frost and fleas should be dead but Samsons problems seem to be acting up again. It seems he gets worse at night.During the day I hardly ever notice a difference but night time rolls around and he's itching more and more, his belly also seems to get real pink straight up to his chin,and he's starting to have accidents at night again. I cant find any coralition as to why this gets worse at night except that it seems to start after dinner? I had changed his food back in July and I hate to mess with that b/c he has a very sensitive stomach.B/c of the stomach problem I did do my homework when I changed his food and tried to find one with no known agravating ingrediants. I know we'll probably be making a trip to the vet but was wondering if anyone had any ideas about this. Thanks

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
I'd definitely check with the vet. Sounds like an allergy to me, but what kind, I don't know. I do know that any kind of illness is worse at night. Not much help, I know, but sending lots of healing drool Samson's way! BTW, have you changed anything with your cleaning products, say for the carpet? Fred had a monstrous reaction once to a carpet-fresh thing I used. Took forever to clear it up. Just an idea!
Cindy & kids

1 - 2 of 2 Posts