Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Macey decided this morning to do some hunting. Rabbits being scarce in the yard, she caught and killed a partridge instead. :D

·
Registered
797 Posts
bassets are great bird dogs. Mine have chased pheasant, quail, turkey, partridge, and dove.I have a friend in NH, who runs a hunt camp on his property and most of his customers prefer to take his bassets instead of the bird dogs. I even had some rescue bassets that caught a parakeet.

A

·
0 Posts
You better bring her to Nationals next year in Gettysburg and enter her in the Hunt Test! I had a ball this year, even without Molly. Worked real hard though. Take care, Belinda.

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Both my younger bassets, as puppies, caught and killed birds. :)

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Bella, our greyhound basset mix (just kidding folks, her papers say she's all basset), has presented us with three dead birds in the last six months, one on the bed early in the morning. I haven't seen her kill them, but since this has taken place at two separate houses, I she's getting them. We have squirrels that run all over the yard, and she could care less about them. Wild rabbits are plentiful in neighbors' yards, but seem smart enough not to hang around here.

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll definitely enter her next year, unless I find her a performance home by then.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Lily will turn her nose up at a rabbit and head straight for a bird everytime! Go figure!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts