Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys... sorry to bother you but we are in a contest on Facebook for a pet portrait. If you could go to "Pet Portraits by Betsy" and vote for Roxie I'd really appreciate it. We are doing good but while I have 700 some friends I really need some more votes as very few people are voting. Please help us win. We are the only basset in the contest. The picture means a great deal to me as it commemmorates one accomplishment many people said I could never do which was finish my dog myself. I did and the picture I have posted is of Roxie's big grin after we walked out of the ring that day as we were both grinning ear to ear.

I know not everyone understands the whole show thing but if you've ever had anything that you really wanted to accomplish and strived to do it and persevered in it despite all the negativity and everyone who said you couldn't then please just take the time and vote for us. It's quite an achievement to finish a dog all owner handled but for it to be your first show dog and to start from scratch yourself when you have never shown a dog before in your life is not the normal thing that everyone is capable of. I did a lot of losing to get there but finally we became a team and we finished to the amazement and cheering of everyone there who knew us when we first started. It was a great day and one I will always remember... would be great to get a portrait of it to help me remember.

Thanks to those of you who already voted I really appreciate it and thanks in advance to all of you who will.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Unfortunately.I am not a face book fan so I am going to wish you all the luck .You have done a great job with Roxie and I can apprciate what you are saying about showing your own dog to it's Championship.I've been trying to do that for 20 years now and still haven't gotten there.Not because I've shown poor quality dogs mostly just me. I know some people on face book though and I'll see if I can get them to vote.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all... we're working at it. Still trying to come ahead of the lab puppy though and for whatever reason he's just had a ton of votes from the start. Guess I should have picked a puppy picture instead.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts