Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sadie & Max waiting for treats after their bath. What a chore bathing them is, I'm glad we don't do it very often. I wipe them down with a warm bucket of water & washcloth before bringing them in for the night but it's been a while since we gave them a real bath but they really needed it this time. They had been running around in the fresh cut grass that was a little wet and their white fur was stained green from the grass, most of it washed out in the bath.

·
Registered
225 Posts
:blink: Are they really that calm after a bath. I'm speachless.
You just wait until you get to see the picures of Mr. Runcible after
bathtime. He sure doesn't look like your two angles.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:blink: Are they really that calm after a bath. I'm speachless.
You just wait until you get to see the picures of Mr. Runcible after
bathtime. He sure doesn't look like your two angles.[/b]
Immediately after the bath for about 5 or 10 minutes they will run around rubbing their face and body on the carpet, blankets, furniture or what ever they can find and then they calm down and expect their treat for all the torture they just went through.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awe they are adorable slightly moist bassets!

I love how soft basset fur is right after a bath!

Do you do them one at a time, or are you brave and dunk them both at once?[/b]
One at a time, bathing one is a handful I could imagine trying to do them both together. Then when I'm done I have to clean the entire bathroom, it's such a mess from all the hair and wet paws.

·
Registered
775 Posts
They look so sweet. Sadie doesn't look too pleased in that first pic.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Those pics are great! The first one really captures the Basset-tude "How dare you put us through soap and water torture, BAD FOOD SLAVE! :angry: Give us treats NOW, and perhaps we will forgive you." :p

One at a time, bathing one is a handful I could imagine trying to do them both together. Then when I'm done I have to clean the entire bathroom, it's such a mess from all the hair and wet paws.[/b]
I know that routine, I do the same thing here. Except when the weather is warm enough, then they get bathed outdoors.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I guess I may have the only basset in the world that LOVES A BATH. Yes, when he hears the water, he'll jump in the tub, sit, and soak. LOL

Giving him a bath is not a problem. The only tedious part is the clean up but he doesn't do anything that would make me not want to bathe him. He actually gets excited about getting a bath. :lol:

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
You have to practically drag my Lily to take a bath. Gibbs is a different story. I have to fight him off when I'm trying to take a bath because he tries to jump in.

~Heather

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Ruby will stand at the pantry door and whine and get all stressed out if we don't give her a biscuit right after her dreaded baths. Oh and she'll walk the other way when we say the word "bath"......She's so cute! She'll try to hide by laying down behind one of the chairs in the great room. The funny thing, is that her front end might be behind the chair, but her back end is sticking out (she's very long). I'll try and get a picture next time she does this.

:lol:

Janice and Ruby

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
I guess I may have the only basset in the world that LOVES A BATH. Yes, when he hears the water, he'll jump in the tub, sit, and soak. LOL

Giving him a bath is not a problem. The only tedious part is the clean up but he doesn't do anything that would make me not want to bathe him. He actually gets excited about getting a bath. :lol:[/b]
Moe is the same way. I gave him a bath just last night (after our recent bout of heat and humidity he smelled pretty ripe :p ). I had my son start the water running upstairs. Moe started watching me for signs. When I got up to go upstairs he was right behind me. He hops right into the tub all by himself but only if I move the shower curtain to the other side - he won't go in any other way. He loves to be scrubbed and rinsed, and he especially LOVES to be toweled dry (well, not DRY but you know what I mean!). Then he gallops around the house, barking and - something new for him - howling. :lol:

The whole process is exhausting for me. After his bath I have to clean the tub and then the whole bathroom. He leaves quite a dirty bathtub ring and he always shakes off after his toweling, shaking excess water all over the cabinets and walls. And hair is usually everywhere too. :eek: Then I wash both of his stinky collars. But that's not all. When he settles down he invariably hops up on the couch for a snooze... and he is a VERY damp dog. He takes HOURS to dry. The next day (if bathed at night) or later in the day (if bathed in the morning) I have to strip the couch covers off to be washed, and I have to air out the cushions if the weather is nice, or spray them with fabric deodorizer if the weather is foul or cold. Then I have to get the dry clean cushion covers back on the couch as quick as possible - Moe whines continuously until the couch is his to curl up on again. <_< Only then am I finished... until next time. Yes, I have to say that he loves having his bath way more than I like giving it to him!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts