Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, we kinda got off topic in the tri-color preference thread, so I thought I'd bring my questions on the topic of agility events to it's own thread:

Mikey, you're right, why would I travel 7 1/2 hours to see your bassets perform for 1 or 2 minutes. So, thanks for posting the videos but I'd still like to see for myself in person. I found an AKC event scheduled right in my own backyard in a few months. So I was thinking I could check it out to see if any bassets compete and if not, well, I'd just enjoy watching any breed work.
Sep 4, 2010
Berks County Dog Training Club

Event Number: 2010014304
Event Status: Approved
Agility (Indoors)
Opening Date: Jul 20, 2010 08:00:00 AM

Closing Date: Aug 17, 2010 06:00:00 PM
Just like in field/hunt trails, I found out there are different organizations who run events and have differences in rules, etc. So here's my question. What is the difference between AKC agility trials and USDAA? I'm pretty sure I would not have the drive to train a basset to do agility. I'm leaning more toward tapping into their natural instinct to hunt with field/hunt trials. But while I am bassetless, I would like to attend different types of events to stay connected to my four legged friends. AND I am wondering, what is the difference between the two organizations agility events.​

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info and links to research events in my area. Hmmmmmmm......Basset Nationals in Gettsburg, I wonder if that event is still going!

Hats off to you for having the patience/persistance to train a basset to run an agility course.

Best wishes to Mariah as she continues to work towards a clean run!

Keep the event pictures/videos coming, they are so neat! Ears flowing, jowls flapping, eyes sparkling, tails wagging!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts