Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
That puts me in mind of our Woody (Can.Ch. Turberville Woodpecker UK Import) when at one of the BHCC Fun Trials, held at the Wentworth Beagle Club grounds (that venue gave me the creeps!), having put him into the undergrowth, after a while he came out, grinning ear to ear, looking to my husband for 'instructions'. Husband turned away, but poor Woody was sooooo confused. For me, he was doing what we wanted him to do rather than what was wanted at that time - looking to us /coming back to us like the good boy he was. :D

·
Registered
12,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
when not actually running a rabbit they check in quite often not always coming to you but the know where you are. and keep moving toward you, relatively. the trick is if you move too quickly down the rows they will too and not be as diligent searching.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i am confusd

:confused::confused:
when not actually running a rabbit they check in quite often not always coming to you but the know where you are. and keep moving toward you, relatively. the trick is if you move too quickly down the rows they will too and not be as diligent searching.

·
Registered
12,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1. when running a rabbit a basset is not paying you any real attention.

2. while hunting/searching for rabbits it knows where you are and works in the general area around you. Each dog is different in the regard to size of the are it will work but in general it is smaller than say a beagle wil work and the often come back to check in.

3. If rather than being relatively stationary and moving slowly you move at a brisk pace down paths etc so will the dog and therefore not be a diligent at searching the entire area

1 - 5 of 5 Posts