Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
May 12, 13 at the Broome County Beagle club facilities at 690 Honeyhollow rd in Windsor, NY start time is 7:00 AM

grounds are completely fenced with gated entrances no lost puppies and alway plent of bunnies to chance. On On saturday after the hunt there is traditional a large pack hunt where we let all the hound out together . which can be a good experience for the less expeinced hounds as often the rabbit will circle in front of them so they can start a sight chace and figure out what is actual going on.

·
Registered
12,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
next ahba event east coast is july 28-29 at glendale beagle club jUST NORTH OF BINGHAMPTON NY because of the potential for weather like this week Saturday hunt entry closing is 4 pm saturday and sundays is 6 am

The hunt is only open to "full blooded " basset hounds however the AHBA is not associated with any registry so the dog need not be registered ie AKC, UKC,etc. It must be to the best of the owners knowledge be "full blooded" and it must appear to be full blooded to the AHBA breed inspector. So Rescues, spay and nuetered dogs are welcome. I have never seen a dog rejected but then again I have never seen anyone try to register an obvious basset cross. The one disqualify fault is dogs over 15" tall

see
Changes in entry deadlines and additions to hunt schedule

2012 hunt schedual

Likely a couple more hunts one in NY near Rochester JAVA village beagle club and 1 in PA Elizibethtown beagle club will be added to the schedual for the fall.

fee
1 time dog registration fee 10.00 per dog

entery fee to hunt 10-20 typical (glendale 10.00 each first 3 dogs free for add'l)

Individual membership fee 10.00 annual allows acess to member only information on website

or $ 1.00 per der day

Spectators welcome no fee.

AHBA on facebook

You can down load a registration form from the AHBA website but I do not think current policy allow registration without actual being seen by a breed inspection use to be two photos one from the front one from the side and you could register by mail.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts