Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oct 11-12 Charlotte Mi is an AHBA hunt Mirism Will Likely hit on way back from nationals probably a bit far for ya

·
Premium Member
2,775 Posts
yes, a few hour drive......need to check how far.

I wonder if Gracie's breeders will be there....I will check on that too!!!

·
Registered
12,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gracie Breed is AKC field trailer very few AKC types venture into AHBA which is a different style. Marriam is going to be promoting the Hunt though at the Nationals and it is an off week so who Know The week before National are in Wisconsin oct 4-5-6

Wisconsin Beagle Club
W5239 Waters Road
Rio, Wisconsin

Saturday and sunday field trial Miriam only has bitches entered on sunday since we do not have any dogs (males) that hunt Monday is the hunt test

·
Registered
12,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great Lakes Basset Club 2441 N. Stine Rd. Charlotte, MI 48813

there is no age limit for dog to enter AHBA however these grounds are not enclosed. AHBA Is offering free registration for dog up to three dog for new members. Entries close at 7:00 am AND AS IN ALL FIELD TRIALS entries are taken up till closing

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Gracie's breeder WAS at the Nationals field trial, I believe one of her dogs was Absolute winner (best in trial).

·
Premium Member
2,775 Posts
Gracie's breeder WAS at the Nationals field trial, I believe one of her dogs was Absolute winner (best in trial).
Really!!!!!! I'll check that out.

There was a field trial scheduled May 2015 in New Carlsile Ohio which is a drivable distance, but it has been moved to Indiana as the beagle club in New Carlsile has no rabbits.

I am so anxious to get her involved in this. She will tear out of the back door baying and tracking a squirrel in the yard.

Right now, distance is my enemy......

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Right now, distance is my enemy......
That was my problem when I lived in eastern Ontario.

·
Registered
12,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Fwiw there is on Field trial twice a year within an hour of us everything else is 4-6 hrs sometimes more.

·
Premium Member
2,775 Posts
talked to Gracie's breeders and Absolute was theirs :p:p:p. Thanks for the info. Wouldn't have known otherwise and am always interested

They echoed the sentiments about the sometimes long trips.

The one I mentioned in May would have been workable at the original location.
A wee bit far now...:(

·
Registered
12,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
AHBA world hunt in March Corning NY LOL Closest AHBA hunts are Charlotte MI and Wellsville NY to you FWIW most field trailer sleep in the club house bring air mattresses or cots rather than pay for a Hotel/motel

·
Premium Member
2,775 Posts
yes!! I am finding that out. Another one (Gracie was far too young) I heard about talked about it being rustic and a campground.

I have never camped and don't plan on it. :p:p:p what does Soundtrack/Miriam do when she attends?

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts

·
Registered
12,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Last time we slept in the van we had to get a jump start because one of the heavy weight slept against the break pedal alnight and drained the battery 1 mini van 9 bassets and 2 people what possibly could go wrong.

·
Premium Member
2,775 Posts
Last time we slept in the van we had to get a jump start because one of the heavy weight slept against the break pedal alnight and drained the battery 1 mini van 9 bassets and 2 people what possibly could go wrong.
too funny.......you two are far more adventuresome than me. :p:p am beginning to think this field trial thing may not be for me (grace would be fine, I don't think I have the "right stuff") :p

·
Registered
12,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
there are trialer that have Camper and there are ones that use hotels as well A lot depends on the number of dog. For some reason most hotels don't like 11 dogs in the room. That said don't know of a club house that allows dogs either.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts