Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a list of the East coast hunts for the spring -- please remember these hunts are open to any basset hound-- even neutered and non-registered hounds ---- read some of the otherposts and you will see that new people with couch-potato type hounds have entered and found that Fido has some idea of how to hunt

March 1 ----NLCBC - Denver , PA - entries close at 7 -- contact Dean Wickwire 610-942-2840 --http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=m&lat=40.290134&lon=-76.177239&mag=4&q1=cocalico,%20pa

March 8 -Etown Beagle club - Elizabethtown, PA -entries close at 7- contact Tim Bishop 717-376-5002 ---http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=m&lat=40.198116&lon=-76.539706&mag=4&q1=elizabethtown,pa

March 9 - Etown Beagle club -Elizabethtown, PA -entries close at 7 - contact Tim Bishop 717-376-5002

May 3 - Empire state basset club - Alexander, NY -entries close at 7 - contact Ben Marley 607-237-6244

May 4 - Empire State Basset club -Alexander, NY -entries close at 7 -contact Ben Marley 607-237-6244

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe they may have changed the location -- i will get in touch and check--- the new site might be the Elmira Beagle Club ---I will post the location as soon as I can

·
Registered
19 Posts
The NY hunts are held in Windsor at the Broome County Beagle Club, it's on the border of PA and NY. The directions are
HEADQUARTERS & RUNNING GROUNDS:
HONEY HOLLOW RD. WINSOR N.Y.
FROM THE WEST TAKE RT. 17 EAST TO I-81 SOUTH (THEN FOLLOW DIRECTION FROM THE NORTH) FROM THE NORTH, TAKE I-81 SOUTH TO EXIT 1 KIRKWOOD/ CONKLIN. TAKE RT. 11 SOUTH, TURN LEFT ON RANDOLPH RD. AND FOLLOW SIGNS.
FROM THE SOUTH TAKE I-81 NORTH TO GREAT BEND, PA EXIT, TAKE RT. 11 NORTH TO
RANDOLPH RD. TURN RIGHT AND FOLLOW SIGNS
FROM THE EAST, TAKE RT. 17 WEST, EXIT 79 WINDSOR. TAKE RT. 79 SOUTH TO KENT ST.
AND FOLLOW SIGNS

·
Registered
939 Posts
yeah it's defitnitly Broome County.i ain't been there in years,but from what i remember they had some nice grounds to run on.bring your fishing poles also!! they have 2 ponds the bigger one by the club house held smallmouth and largemouth bass. Alexander,NY is where we hold the AKC Trial,that is about a hour away from "the falls" and Canada.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Sorry we won't be able to make Saturday's hunt. I have to work :( .

Of all place to have the NY hunts, Broome County. Most of my relatives are in Binghamton! :p

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
too bad you can't make it this weekend ---maybe see you next week --- sounds like no excuse for not showing in NY

Of all place to have the NY hunts, Broome County. Most of my relatives are in Binghamton! :p[/b]

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi all,

Does anyone know if the grounds in NY are fenced?[/b]

The grounds for the New York Broome County Beagle Club are fully fenced in and we have over a 100 acres and good running grounds.

Ben

·
Registered
23 Posts

Of all place to have the NY hunts, Broome County. Most of my relatives are in Binghamton! :p[/b]

come visit your relatives and bring them to the field trial, spectators are welcome. i promise you will have a great time.

Ben

1 - 10 of 10 Posts