Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Agnes Marie Basset Hound was assisted to the Bridge this morning by our wonderful vet, Dr. Suarez. Agnes had congestive heart failure and she let me know this morning that she was ready to go. It was very peaceful and I held her in my arms as she passed.

On the way out of the office, we passed a very nice lady who had brought her two bassets in for a checkup and I was able to pet both of them. I believe Agnes sent those two angels to show me that her transition was peaceful and complete. She is now at peace and she is the greatest blessing I ever had in my life.

C

·
0 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about beautiful Agnes, may she rest in peace and patiently wait until you see each other again. We'll say an extra prayer for you all tonight.
Annie

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
From your avatar, it looks like Agnes Marie lived a long life. It's never long enough though; their lives are much too short compared to ours. I am sorry for your loss, and wish you peace.

M

·
0 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss. Agnes was such a beautiful girl. You were blessed to have her in your life and she was to have you. Rest in peace Agnes.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
RIP, Agnes.

A

·
0 Posts
I'm a 40 year old man. A fisherman. A plumber. A real man. I have a tear in my eye as I say to you that I am truly sorry for your loss. I never even thought about the day that General will go to the bridge but every time I read one of these posts It makes me love my dog even more!

Vinnie and General

J

·
0 Posts
Sorry to hear this sad news. The only crime (if it can be called that) is that our Hounds never live long enough. Bassets...the greatest blessing and priviledge to care for, for the time they are with us. Bless you and your vet for doing what had to be done at the time that was right for Agnes Marie. We are thinking about you and Jake says woof.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
No matter how many times you read posting such this, you never get use to it. It always sooo hard.
I'm sorry for your loss. Agnes at a better place now.

·
Registered
16 Posts
So sorry for your loss. Our time together is so brief, but bassets make memories that warm the heart forever. Rest in Peace, Agnes.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
We are so sorry about Agnes Marie. We know how heavy your heart feels since we lost our beloved Bubba in December. We are sure he was at the "Rainbow Bridge" wagging his tail and welcoming Agnes Marie along with the many other wonderful Basset friends we have lost on this forum this past year. Rest in Peace, Agnes Marie and our thoughts and prayers are with your family.

Aroooos from Bogie!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts