Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since we have started our new routine (about 1 week ago) of Charlotte staying home while I am at work and having a mid-day dog walker come we have been having some new behavior problems with Lotte. So far she has only been kept in her crate 3 times in one week for 6 hour each time with a 30 minute break in the middle. When I get home she seems to be doing well, mostly looks like she just sleeps but we do provide her with treats, chew toys and a water bowel in the crate. She is a crazy wound up bundle of energy when I get her out so we take a long walk and then usually play some tug-o-war or soccer to wear her out a little bit. After a while of course some other things need tending to in the house and the second I turn my back on her the trouble begins. She has learned, I should say mastered, the art of counter surfing. So far she has gotten my voter registration card, DMV paperwork, my keys, a xmas gift card, pens, the newspaper etc etc. I keep moving things to different counters and higher up and she just keeps proving more and more skilled. When I catch her she just thinks its game time and runs in circles to avoid me and "Woofing" at me. Im really frustrated with her. What can I do to teach her its not okay to chew these things to peices? I know she isn't doing this to get back at us and that its probably more likely that she is missing the additional exercise that doggie daycare used to provide. I try and wear her out as much as possible but the dishes, laundry, meal prep keep calling me away. Should I get her a treadmill?:rolleyes:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts