Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pavlov:
we fed the chicken on the opposite side of the road each day at 4-pm until the chicken's autonomic system actually began causing the chicken to cross the road at 4-pm without even questioning 'why'.

B.F. Skinner:
on prior occasions when the chicken voluntarily crossed the road,this
behavior was followed immediately by a reinforcing consequence.

Cesar Milan:
I bullied, chased, poked, and intimidated the chicken until it raced across the road, because I am a strong leader!

Barbara Woodhouse:
You just say, 'Walkies' with the right accent and place a crumpet on the far side.

Karen Pryor:
...associating R+ with road crossing and P- with standing still, with a VR
schedule, and offering a reward in keeping with the Premack principle, we increased the intensity and frequency of the road crossing behavior.

Bill Koehler:
a few well-timed pops on the choke chain and the chicken was happy to cross the road.

Nicholas Dodman:
I gave the chicken fluoxetine, sertraline, paroxetine, carbamazepine, and
azapirone, and then it was happy to cross the road.

Patti Ruzzo:
I crossed the road, pausing every step to spit a treat out of my mouth like a human pez-dispenser, and the chicken followed along catching the treats...

Electric Collar Advocate:
...whenever the chicken does not cross the road I give it an electric shock.
But do not worry, the shock is no more than you would feel if you walked on a carpet wearing socks, and does not bother the chicken at all. The feathers standing up and the smell of burning flesh mean
nothing. In fact, they are happier having nice clear communication than they would be otherwise.

Yuppie:
...chickens are just like little people in feather jackets, and if you love them and give them diamonds and feel sorry for them all the time, they will be happy to cross the road for you.

Paris Hilton:
Because I put it in a Gucci bag and carried it. (giggle)

Shelter director:
Any chickens that do not cross the road will be euthanized for their own good, and the others we will adopt-out tomorrow for only $200 each. Please send us money so we can keep doing more of this important work!

HSUS member:
I do not know anything about animals, I have never been around animals and am not really fond of animals,
but we passed a law mandating that chickens be kept without cages because animals belong only in the wild and cannot be happy coexisting with man, so now they are walking wherever they want.

PETA member:
...chickens have the right to live in world without roads. Any chicken that
lives within a hundred miles of a road
is suffering an inhumane existence and might eventually be hit by a car, so we should kill it today to ensure that it does not die tomorrow.

·
Registered
6 Posts
What an interesting way to look at an age-old question; made me chuckle and wonder what is wrong with just plain common sense in training an animal or have we forgotten what common sense is?!

·
Registered
13,135 Posts
what is wrong with just plain common sense in training an animals
Can't have coomon sense without common knowledge, When it comes to how organisms actually learn this actual a relatively new field of inquiry so common sense when it comes to animal training simply does not exist.

Myths, beliefs, suppositions on the other hand exist in basket fulls.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey, I apologize for the 'common sense' remark and consider my days of posting or even joining in on any of the forums ended. I thought that this web site was supposed to be helpful, but, it seems that I was mistaken. Please accept my apology and I will not write and/or say another word.

·
Registered
78 Posts
MrsNWL.. everyone on the forums just gives their take on things. We all have varying beliefs and I think when people say things it may come across as offensive, but I don't think that is their intent. It is just a different opinion. And because they have a differing opinion don't feel like what you said is wrong. There are a ton of different ways I think about things that many people could disagree with.

And honestly.. sometimes on this forum, the way you type something may come across wrong and people dissect it. Just take it as a grain of salt.. I am sorry it made you want to leave the forum!

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No need to take it personally, sometimes remarks are taken out of context on a forum like this, it is not possible to be sure of the intent of the poster, what sounds serious or negative could simply be intended as a joke or fun. Hey, just check out Mikey's complaint to me in the thread where the guy's worried about losing all his hair! I know he's just having fun giving me a hard time, and I take it in the spirit in which it was intended.

If I left a forum every time somebody said something that rubbed me the wrong way, I'd have nowhere to go!:D

The internet is not for the thin-skinned!:D

·
Registered
13,135 Posts
Hey, just check out Mikey's complaint to me in the thread where the guy's worried about losing all his hair! I know he's just having fun giving me a hard time,
You a hard time, :rolleyes: though it was obvious the remarks about mispelled words, gramatical errors and overly long post were about my own,

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You a hard time, :rolleyes: though it was obvious the remarks about mispelled words, gramatical errors and overly long post were about my own,
:D:D:D:D:p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.