Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took crabby Abby to the vt yesterday. She is my 10 year old Brittany. She has been getting a bit stiff of late, but in the last week and a half has been very snippy with Jake. He is her usual "groomer" and they normally play well together. She snarls and growls and a few times thought would really hurt him.He has been whiny and sits outside her door if she is away from him. I thought she might be hurting but couldn't tell where. She ended up having a fever at the vet's office. He did tons of blood work- from heartworm/lymes/ erlichiosis- blood count- chemistry- liver profile. It was all normal- a good thing- but with the fever she is now on an antibiotic just to be safe. He also put her on Zubrin for arthritis. I don't know much about this medication- except it must not taste very good as she keeps spitting it out :roll: I also found a doxycycline in the living room- maybe she's stockpiling the meds! Anyway- We are just watching to see- Take care-

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Best wishes to Abby! Sadie was put on Zubrin after her usual arthritis medicine caused elevated liver enzymes. The Zubrin did not relieve her arthritis discomfort. I hope Abby does better.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Try hiding the pill in a spoonful of peanut butter. They have a hard time spitting it out because the peanut butter is sticky.

A

·
0 Posts
Ruby gets pills every day and does very well with them. As a puppy, I'd say, do you want a pill and then I'd open her mouth and throw it down her throat and then hold her mouth shut a bit and lightly rub her neck to make her swallow. Helps that I have small hands.

Then I'd give her a biscuit. Now a days, I just say, do you want a pill and then I tell her to open her mouth and down the hatch! She runs to the kitchen for this as she knows she'll get a biscuit. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts