Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The color change around his head and face really surprised us. He also has a lot of brown that came in on his back and his hind haunches.

Oh and Layla was quite upset to learn that Rosco was getting all the attention, so I have decided to post a link to the Petfinder page that we saw. Look at those pictures... I knew I was getting that dog once I saw them, even though I said we would only "go look".

Adopted Basset Hound: Layla/ADOPTED: Petfinder

·
Registered
186 Posts
is that your land in the second picture? i want a yard or even better yet a big plot of land so bad.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm guessing you meant the second picture of Rosco. I wish! That's my in-law's land, which is surrounded by national forest in Michigan. The dogs could pretty much go wherever they wanted without us worrying too much about them getting into trouble. They have two dogs (mountain cur and beagle-basset mix) that are pretty well-behaved when it comes to roaming, but Rosco and Layla would be running to the horizon if we didn't watch them. Also, there are porcupines up there, and we had to hold the beagle-basset mix down and yank a bunch of quills out of his nose, tongue, the inside of his mouth, etc....

I hope to have some land for these hounds one day, with a couple of fenced in acres of woodland so they can run around without me having to worry they will be gone (or worse). We've got a fenced in yard at the house we rent right now but it isn't much.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts