Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to pay a visit to the doctor yesterday and strip down (eeewwwwww). The poor woman took one look at my thighs and said, "Susan, I have to ask you, what in the world have you done to your legs?" Looking down I noticed about 10 pea sized bruises on my thighs at varying rates of heal. I was forced to tell her that whenever I come home, my goofy Wilson is so happy to see me he throws his whole body weight at me and jumps on me and then I grab his paws and we have a dance around the kitchen.

I know this doesn't sound too good, but I am the only person in the world he does this to. He doesn't jump on my children or my hubby, or company, just me. It is just our thing that we do, I like to think he loves and misses me the most, which I don't think is too far off the mark. He's pretty much my boy. Follows me everywhere. Will even get up from a sound sleep if I leave the room. MUST BE LOVE.

I think what I have to do is maybe catch his feet before he ends up on me or try to teach him not to jump. I'm not sure I want to give up my little game though. Maybe I just won't go to the doctor as often.

Susan and Wilson (the dancing boy)

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd keep the bruises! Can't give up the happy dance!

Janet 'n Twinkie

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wear those bruises like badges of honor! My poor mom shares your pain. Oscar my doxie who weighs in at 29 lbs. (he's just a little bit chubby, he's really long and tall for his breeding ...he's a purebred miniature who's bigger than a standard!) anyway ....he leaves bruises all over us. He's got tiny paws and all that weight is concentrated on those tiny feet. 7.25 lbs. per paw, to be exact.

Can't wait to see what our legs look like when Murphy grows up!

·
Registered
443 Posts
That's so funny--I have the same bruises! Mine are from Lightning (60+ lb. baby) jumping into my lap. I try to avoid all his weight landing on me at once, but sometimes when he and Stomps are doing the Basset 500 suddenly he'll veer off course and land in my lap before I can react! He's quite agile! I'll put up with the bruises if it means a basset in my lap. Except for that moment of impact, that's my favorite part of Basset ownership.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh ! How cute and funny!How did the Doc react to your answer?? :) :) ;) Happy to be a slave for tummy Boy

·
Registered
263 Posts
Peanut does the same thing when I get home, she will not rest until she has jumped up for her "hug"!

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Sometimes I wonder what people in the 'real' world think of us 'basset' people?

Did you notice if your doctor 'discreetly' wrote anything down in her notes, for future reference? :D

Sandy

·
Registered
494 Posts
My legs are constantly covered in bruises - many times quite large ones because Shyla thinks she is a tiny little lap dog (who I am to tell her different) and she loves to sit in my lap. She is very heavy but it is worth it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts