Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Make sure the volume is up! web page

He has terrible allergies (6 pills per day and allergy shots). Before he gets his last pill at night, he scratches himself on the sissal rug.

[ April 07, 2006, 08:28 AM: Message edited by: momlady ]

·
Registered
813 Posts
George does that, too, on the sides of the bed, on the rug and sometimes on me. LOL Only about once a day -- it seems to be part of his winding down for the night routine. After a good bout of that, and maybe a roll on his back for good measure, he goes to sleep for the night. What is a "sissal" rug?

A

·
0 Posts
It's the creepy crawly butt dance! Actually Ruby does the creepy crawly thing up and down the hallways on carpet or floor. We think she's doing it to stretch out here soreness. She gets almost a smiley face when creeping around.

AS for the scratching, Ruby does that under her chin on carpet and on our legs if we're on the floor with her. Most of the time I'm covered with basset fur and slobber. (or if you live in Massachusetts, that'd be called "slobbah")

:D

·
Registered
335 Posts
Sissal must be good scratchin'.... :D He looks like it feels good! Daisy has a scratch & thrash routine she does on the floor at night, too, but not quite to the extent of poor CJ! Plus the ear scratching in the morning next to my dresser, so her foot or leg hits the drawer pulls and makes them jingle and rattle. :D We can always tell when Daisy's up!

Sounds like poor CJ's allergies are about as bad as my kids'... But I bet CJ's easier to pill than my son! LOL

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
:) :)Loved the music--there's a doggie sport out there that involves heeling with your dog to music--your video beats most of the most polished doggie dancing practitioners.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Melynda! Should be one of your favs as you supplied the tune!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts