Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They are getting BIG. The boy in Texas is now 29 lbs at 4 months,his name is Sebastian. One boy in NY is 26 lbs.You have been able to see a few of the others due to Vald's mom supplying us with photos ,but, there is a special girl ( Girl #2) in Illinois healing the hearts of a special couple.You are as familiar with the Mom as much as you are familiar with my puppies. I was so happy to be able to see this girl go to someone who would care for her as much as I would.
The job this girl has to do is far from over it has not been long since the tragic passing of the Mom's best girl,so she is still hurting each passing week, but Girl #2 gives Mom something to keep her mind occupied,and make her smile.We all know how hard smiles are to come by when we have such a loss.The healing is slow, but better, with a new little one to take her mind off of grieving.We still need to go through the process or we never really heal from our loss, but to be able to smile and laugh when otherwise you would feel like crying is a gift only a puppy can give.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Awwww.... It's good to hear that Girl #2 is helping someone through their loss.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Wonderful that your girl is a healing puppy.
Re: quote above, hmmm... I have some guesses.
--Detective Worm
Sooper Sniffer Annie Oakley thinks she has sniffed out the new owner of girl #2 as well and we are glad she has gone to such a loving home :)

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
And the same here. After I made my post earlier, I thought more about it and I think I know who, too. ;)

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wondered if anyone had any guesses.Go ahead and guess .If any of you are wrong 30 lashes with a wet noodle:))))

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Worm's with sooper sleuth Annie... :)

he was wondering why he wasn't hearing much from houndmamma. she must be occupied.

and he would like a whole bowl of noodles, instead of one, along w/the marinara sauce.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Houndmamma. Boomer wants lots of sausage and cheese with his noodles, please.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
WHOA, you only get the noodles if you are wrong.You are not so wrong ,she was concerned when no one guessed when she wrote to y'all.I think I was not as subtle.She will be writing more but it has been very upsetting when so many are going to the bridge of late. As she learns this puppy's personality she will post and give an up date.I think all in all this girl has been a comfort to her in a lot of ways now if the other two k9's of the house would accept the puppy ,all would be well. A little upheaval with a new puppy is to be expected. She is a wonderful person and her husband is a wise man.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
We want noodles for winners! ;) (and sausage and cheese and bacon)

After I read this first post I went back and read a few other relevant posts and it all became crystal clear. What a perfect situation, some things are meant to be.

Totally understand how she may need time away, when it rains it pours, it seems. And for a bit it seemed like the hounds all got invited to the bridge at the same time...perhaps some party going on that we haven't been invited to.

So excited though to be able to continue to follow houndmomma's journey with Girl #2 :)

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Wormie...this is where I started...http://www.basset.net/boards/general-basset-hound-discussion/13992-so-life-goes-baby-steps.html In there she says "we've all been watching each step with the beautiful photos..." I'm sure I missed this because I was cleaning up my momma's tears while she read the thread...cuz she is a cry baby...which is probably why she missed the reference as well.

And then I re-read bubbad's first post in this thread and noticed the Illinois reference and then checked houndmomma's location...and then smiled. :)

·
Registered
517 Posts
Excuse me while I wipe the tears!!! How wonderful I am soo soo happy for you Jen! A special pup for a special lady. We too got Paisley as a healing Pup to help fill the hole in our hearts -- she was not a replacement for our Sam but the glue that helped us mend. Our tears became laughter and our memories of Sam became special ones and easier to handle. Our Sam had Springer Rage Syndrome and even though we loved him with our whole hearts life with Sam was full of stress and rules mostly made by him. When Paisley came along we found that daily life with a pup cound once again be full of laughter and the house became ours again. We went from fearing that someone would get attacked to fearing someone would get smothered by love and affection and slobber. Anyway I am getting off topic with this.
Bubbad as a breeder you must be soo soo proud that you know that you have found the perfect home for one of your special girls!
I look forward to reading all about the antics of this little girl. Can we know her name?

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So much in common ,there was a dog in Jen's life diagnosed with Rage Syndrome. 4 of my puppies are in homes needing healing I could not be prouder to say anything more,they have important jobs in front of them.I'm happy that 4 are in show homes and they have jobs to do, but these ones were picked ,not by me, although I would not mind taking the credit ,but I believe were predestine to be where they are ,the owners of these puppies suffered incredible losses.In NY a lady lost her 13 yr old May 5th ,the litter was born May 10th. She has Logan (Boy #3) In Texas a young man lost his 13 yr old in March.He left me a message on here in April I never realized there was a message till July.I contacted him thinking by now he already has found a puppy and in a way, he did,he was to pick up a bloodhound puppy, but got called into work the evening he was to pick the puppy up and that night he saw my email apologizing for not having answered his message.He asked if I had any boys left so(Boy #2) Biggy Boy,Sebastian,went to Texas. A lady in NJ fought with herself for a while after losing her 8 yr old boy July 1st about getting a puppy.She emailed me and told me of her loss asking if I would send puppy photos to her, she needed something to make her smile. I sent her a bunch.A few weeks went by and she finally emailed me wanting to know if I had any boys left blk ( Boy #1) boy Morgan is with her now. Then Jen.We all rode that ride with her and Flash and at the time Girl#2 was to be with a family in NY,till the lady talked to her husband and he said not yet,they had just lost two mixed breeds.I was under the impression everything was a go on Girl#2 till then. So They backed out about two weeks before Jen's tragic loss and I had almost decided to keep this girl longer to see if I wanted to show her.When Jen contacted me I needed to be sure this all wasn't too soon for her because if it was it wasn't going to work. Her husband said the words to convince me this was the right thing to do. He had said to Jen,something like "This house will not be normal again untill we have a puppy running around." They had already known they would get a puppy after Flash,just not from me. We met them in Ohio and Girl#2 acted as if she knew they were there for her.She didn't even look back at me.She smothered Jen with puppy kisses. I will let Jen tell you what they have named her when she is ready to introduce her to you. The 3 ,Vlad (Boy#4) ,Jet (Boy #5),and Racer,( Girl#3) were destined for their homes as well. Dawn had a bitch due around the time Esa had the puppies but her bitch didn't go into labor for whatever reason and the whole litter was lost.If not for that unfortunate turn of events Dawn,Tanya(pug breeder) and Judge D. Taylor would have all picked puppies from Dawn's litter,and mine would not be where they are,that is something I would never wish on anyone(losing a whole litter of puppies). Sorry this is so long but now you know the whole story. I have been blessed to have this extraordinary litter of puppies and they have led me to know this extraordinary group of people, each one special, but especially Jen,she is a woman who loves with her whole being and each of her dogs is her kids ,Girl#2 could be in no better place.

·
Registered
972 Posts
oh wow. What a story! I"m so happy for those puppies. I love to hear that they are where they will be most loved and needed.
I can't imagine losing a whole litter of puppies :( I don't even want to think about it.
But, again, it's good to hear about the ones that have their loving homes! I don't know if i could breed puppies, i'd be so worried about them and it would be hard to let them go. But, i bet it is easier knowing how loved they will be!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
What a great story! I totally agree that each pup was meant to go to the homes they are now at.

I understand that Jen is still hurting from the loss of Flash, but I really hope that her new girl will help heal those wounds. Can hardly wait for her to tell us her name and introduce her to us, but in her own time.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
When someone emails me and says that this puppy made me smile today then I know they are working hard at their jobs.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts