Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Let sleeping Bassets lie! He sure has pretty teeth. :)

·
Registered
284 Posts
Lea did that to me once when I got her. I used a squirt bottle and made it known I would NOT tolerate that behavior. Now she just mumbles but I never see any teeth. Unacceptable in this household.

Lou

·
Registered
125 Posts
I've got to be honest, I don't think that photo is cute at all. I would not be impressed with Opus if he acted like that with me.
I've said this before, this kind of behaviour is one of the main reasons I don't allow Opus on the furniture. Bassets are champion sleepers, do not like to be disturbed and I don't want any friction, Opus has his many beds dotted about the house and I have my human furniture. Works perfectly. A snarling dog is a dog that is warning you not to push him, very dangerous behaviour in my view. And one that can progress to a snap or a bite very quickly.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A smile from General RE:

Well his teeth look real clean. Tummy Boy's Mom

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
He's really a great dog! He's only bitten me 5 times. Just kidding! If I tell him to smile he does this. It's all in fun. Sorry he offended you!

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
Couldn't agree more with you, Opus.

I just hope these aren't staged and the pup isn't purposely being taunted or awakened from a dead sleep to get a reaction. :(

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Come on! Play with your dogs how you want to and I'll play with mine the way I want to! I never expected anyone to be offended by the way we love our dog. For crying out loud! Staged! Get a grip!

Vinnie

1 - 15 of 15 Posts