Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something new magically appeared today...

"What is it?" asked Bo, rather nervously:

"I'll find out" replied the fearless Moose, "you wait here":

"It's a new Dog Door"!! Moose said excitedly, as he raced down the new stairs build just for them:

After the excitement wore off, they went on to more mundane tasks.

THE END

·
Registered
511 Posts
Looks great. You'll love having the doggy door. I couldn't live without one. (now that I said that, Bo & Moose will carry something bad inside when you're not looking) :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
775 Posts
Sandy: Great idea! I wish I could do that but I'm afraid Stickers would try to dig out of the yard if she smelled something yummy on the other side of the fence. My Rusty may eat something bad :rolleyes: Lucky you!!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I really want a doggy door. Lily and Gibbs want to go out every 5 seconds it seems. There are a lot of dogs in the neighborhood and whenever they can hear one they go bazerk and want outside. Since I've been on Spring Break this week I've just proped the side door open so they can go in and out as they please and it's been much more peaceful for me.

~Heather

·
Registered
465 Posts
Sandy: Great idea! I wish I could do that but I'm afraid Stickers would try to dig out of the yard if she smelled something yummy on the other side of the fence. My Rusty may eat something bad :rolleyes: Lucky you!![/b]

I worried about the same thing when we moved to our new home and installed vinyl fencing in the back yard for the dogs. So we got landscape timbers and completely lined the bottom fence with them, and drove rebar stakes in the holes on either end deep into the ground. It blends in pretty well with the yard; you can't really see it and it is very effective. Now the only problem is the tiny chuahua across the street runs over and comes thru the fence and I'm afraid he'll come in the dog door with E & B!

But we couldn't live without the doggy door.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I would like a doggy door, but my fence isn't fixed yet. I still take him out and have my mom to take him out during the day when I'm at work. Plus, Fred would probably try to invite the other dogs on my street! I hope Bo likes it! :lol:

·
Registered
30 Posts
So we got landscape timbers and completely lined the bottom fence with them, and drove rebar stakes in the holes on either end deep into the ground.[/b]
One trainer suggested to us that we use chicken wire buried in a inch or so under ground around the perimeter. She said that when their paws hit it that it really annoys them and they should stop. Although she does not have any bassets and I doubt she realizes quite how stubborn a Basset can be.

We never really had to worry about it though, being the good Bassets they are Luke and Dixie are to ADD to get very far with a hole before they get distracted. They both tried it once but neither got farther than an inch before they forgot about it.

After putting ours in I could not even imagine living without it now.

We have not had any problems with them bringing anything in yet, in fact, the exact opposite, they are trying to move everything outside. The rule here is if you are missing something check the yard first. I usually patrol the yard once a week to collect everything they take out there. I'm just grateful the couch does not fit through the door, I'm sure he would love to move that out there.

Tim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts