Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day one of my friends stopped over for a visit and gave me a couple of Christmas gifts and I had some for her as well. So we are sitting and talking and she opens her gifts and I go to open mine when she is done and my two boys, Yogi and Gunny are just sitting there being very good boys. Yogi is sitting beside me on the couch and Gunny is sitting on the floor and I pull a gift out of the bag and go to open it when Yogi starts nudging me. Next thing I know he is trying to help me open the gift! :D So I get the next gift out and Gunny gets ahold of the edge of the package and rips the paper off! :lol: They knew there was a gift in the bag for them but they were not wrapped so they were not really interested in them. For Christmas and their birthdays they get to rip the wrapping paper off their gifts and have great fun doing it! I know it is probably silly to wrap their gifts but they always have such fun with it and I get a real kick out it! :) The only downside is that you can't keep gifts under the tree because they think that all the presents are for them! :lol:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Loved your story about the wrapping, We all know that we are in the presence of the world's most intelligent dog !! When I first got Ruby someone from work had given me a chocolate santa claus wrapped in tinfoil. I had totally forgotten how threatening chocolate was to dogs. When i got home from work the santa was eaten and all the tin foil nicely laying in pieces in it's place. Fortunately there were no untoward results.

·
Registered
11 Posts
We have been wrapping our dog's gifts for years. We have also always done an exchange with our dog's "cousins" all across the country (with some very amusing toys involved!). It's funny how they know when a gift is for them...must be something about that pet store smell!

·
Registered
100 Posts
yep we wrap our dog gifts too. I go to the extreme and wrap gifts for my sister and my mom's dogs too. My "canine nephew" gets all excited when I come to visit, because I make such a big deal when I bring gifts for him. Vanessa our youngest basset still thinks she is getting into something she's not suppose to and will run with her wrapped present and go hide to open it. Its hilarious, you will see her peeking around corners to see if we are coming after her. She always comes back with the unwrapped gift to show us what she got and to get another gift.

Christmas morning can be so much fun.

·
Registered
17 Posts
When my wife started putting gifts under the tree i was worried that gracee would try to get into them , being this is her 1st Christmas, but so far not an interest i was releived.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts